Naming the new Training Academy

Piracy

Should the new training academy be named after Ross McArthur?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should the new training academy be named after Ross McArthur?

19 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I've made a few calls. Don't think this will fly because they want to potentially sell the naming rights of the new training ground: they think there is a reasonable sum to be gained for the Club.

The other stumbling block is Ross' understated nature -- probably just not him. I very much agree with the views expressed above, by the way -- i think he has been an outstanding leader for the Club over the past 10 years.

Think we should focus on something a bit more modest, which will make him less embarrassed. He does seem quite keen on the NW stand btw. 

Get him to reopen Section L in the NW and call it Section RM 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I've made a few calls. Don't think this will fly because they want to potentially sell the naming rights of the new training ground: they think there is a reasonable sum to be gained for the Club.

The other stumbling block is Ross' understated nature -- probably just not him. I very much agree with the views expressed above, by the way -- i think he has been an outstanding leader for the Club over the past 10 years.

Think we should focus on something a bit more modest, which will make him less embarrassed. He does seem quite keen on the NW stand btw. 

How about the RMA Academy - got a ring to it and leaves his modesty intact …..

• Upvote 2

How about Ross just buys the naming rights to the new complex - then gifts those naming rights to the good folk on East End Bounce - and then we call it the McArthur Academy...

I'm happy to spend anyone else's money for them also.

If, for example, someone wanted to sponsor the player's tunnel, I think the Kaiser Vortex has a nice ring to it.

• Upvote 2

I've thought some more about this. Here's a sort of compromise. Ross spoke about the provision of an educational sector within the new training academy. He appeared to be quite enthused about that in particular. Why not think about naming that after him in some way. 

Ross isn't stupid, he knows the work he's done and whether he likes it or not he's played a huge part in this clubs immediate history and it's future. He's not getting away without him understanding the huge amount of respect the majority of our fans hold for him. This isn't about unwarranted adulation, or lickspittle behaviours, it's the fans and clubs acknowledgement for his efforts. He's a thoroughly decent bloke 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

I've thought some more about this. Here's a sort of compromise. Ross spoke about the provision of an educational sector within the new training academy. He appeared to be quite enthused about that in particular. Why not think about naming that after him in some way. 

Ross isn't stupid, he knows the work he's done and whether he likes it or not he's played a huge part in this clubs immediate history and it's future. He's not getting away without him understanding the huge amount of respect the majority of our fans hold for him. This isn't about unwarranted adulation, or lickspittle behaviours, it's the fans and clubs acknowledgement for his efforts. He's a thoroughly decent bloke 👍

Very much what I think Piracy. I can bring this up through official channels, and I''d like to know that I am speaking for the vast majority of supporters. That's a good suggestion that you made there. 

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Ross isn't stupid, he knows the work he's done and whether he likes it or not he's played a huge part in this clubs immediate history and it's future. He's not getting away without him understanding the huge amount of respect the majority of our fans hold for him. This isn't about unwarranted adulation, or lickspittle behaviours, it's the fans and clubs acknowledgement for his efforts. He's a thoroughly decent bloke 👍

Very much what I think Piracy. I can bring this up through official channels, and I''d like to know that I am speaking for the vast majority of supporters. That's a good suggestion that you made there. 

We'll that's the point of the thread, gauging opinion I mean. We wanted it brought up here first to see initially how it went. Might be worth someone (GG Riva) sticking it up on Dafc.Net.

28 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Ross isn't stupid, he knows the work he's done and whether he likes it or not he's played a huge part in this clubs immediate history and it's future. He's not getting away without him understanding the huge amount of respect the majority of our fans hold for him. This isn't about unwarranted adulation, or lickspittle behaviours, it's the fans and clubs acknowledgement for his efforts. He's a thoroughly decent bloke 👍

Great idea. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Piracy said:

And a season ticket 😉

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

How about Ross just buys the naming rights to the new complex - then gifts those naming rights to the good folk on East End Bounce - and then we call it the McArthur Academy...

I'm happy to spend anyone else's money for them also.

If, for example, someone wanted to sponsor the player's tunnel, I think the Kaiser Vortex has a nice ring to it.

Sure we would sponser the bar Keyzers sozzle?

• Upvote 2

The drama with naming the training ground after RM, is that the person in charge of naming the ground is currently RM, and he just simply wouldn't do it. 

You might have more success when he's left his current post, but his nature would lead to him vetoing it if he was in power. 

It's a good idea IMO, Thistle have the Weir Academy, named after the lotto winner. The McArthur Academy works.