Pars v QoS

Superally

We play very flat as a team…. When was the last time our full backs overlapped…. Our midfield put their foot on the ball and attacked the defence… As Digs says we need a 4/5 players in as there are players in that team that are no way near Championship level…. Peter Grant must have been on the magic mushrooms bringing that standard of ****e to EEP… 

Queens had 3/4 players that were decent today.

• Upvote 1

Though, as in all the games this season, we lacked form and understanding. We have no midfield and Queens exploited it today. Dorrans is a good player.........at sweeper, that's it. Wasn't convinced with Todd or big lewis today and in terms of subs Toderov, why, that game was screaming for wighton.

****ed off, fed up but still love the Pars

6 hours ago, Secure Par said:

As Digs says we need a 4/5 players in as there are players in that team that are no way near Championship level….

I'm not sure we are Championship level as a team just now. As much as Grant was a poor manager, you'd have thought he could've got his signings better. AJ must be furious at his teams effort for not holding on for the win.

9 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Yogi will be backed in January, hopefully its not too late

Many fans are pinning their hopes on the January transfer window, but there are so many factors to consider:-

How much money is available? How good Yogi's contacts are, whether the players he identifies are prepared to come to EEP and whether they gell and improve the squad.

During John Potter's short spell as manager, he brought in around 6 players in the January window, none of whom proved to be any better than what he had, which was unfortunate. He then made changes to the starting XI after every poor result and was criticised for not knowing his best team, when he didn't have one. ☹

I hope Hughes avoids falling into the same trap. 

31 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Midfield is our weakest link. 

I tolerated that yesterday as there were 6 goals, but I'm still haunted from last week's game against Hamilton. 

Midfield is brutal. I can understand why Highs goes with 1 up top to start as when we went 4-4-2 There was space all over the park for Queens to play.

Heres hoping we can sort this in January.

For me, Dorrans sits far too deep which then slows the game down completely in my opinion, and now we see why we can’t play him in a 2 man midfield we were completely overrun trying to get a winner. Really hope we can shift some players in January, only problem is Who would actually want any of the dross we have?

• Like 1

For a wee while yesterday, Ryan Dow was placed on the right wing and then Comrie came on to a bit of a game overlapping.  But this lasted about 5 minutes until a change.  Desperately need Dow to support Comrie and vice versa on that right hand side.  Comrie has been a shadow this season too, probably because of the mucking about he’s had with positions and the general team performance, but I also think because of the lack of support in front of him.  Macdonald is really struggling in that role and there is a risk of hanging him out to dry to keep playing him there.  But I understand yogis point about midfield, just feel we have Todd struggling there just now and Ryan Dow wasted.  And as Kelty says, Dorrans far too deep. First signing has to be a holding midfielder. 

I think Dorrans playing deep works when you are ahead in the game as he can control the ball and the game. When you are level or behind it’s not so good as the opposition just sit off you.  

when was the last time we had central midfielders that could play in a 4-4-2.

I rated Paul Paton a lot and he is the type we desperately need in Jan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livipar2 said:

I think Dorrans playing deep works when you are ahead in the game as he can control the ball and the game. When you are level or behind it’s not so good as the opposition just sit off you.  

when was the last time we had central midfielders that could play in a 4-4-2.

I rated Paul Paton a lot and he is the type we desperately need in Jan.

Suppose many would argue the 2 in the middle hasn’t worked since the 2015/16 season when it was geggan and Falkingham in there, against a lower level opposition.  We’ve struggled to win midfield battles over the last few years in that setup.   Most championship sides now stick with three in there and either go 4 at the back with 1 up or 3 at the back and sacrifice the wings.  Rarely do you see teams making a middle 2 actually work.  We just need someone more defensively minded in midfield to get them all to switch on when needed.  After every goal we score we immediately do something daft in “attack mode” and leave us wide open.   I genuinely think it’s unfair on Dorrans playing him there too, it’s not getting the best out of him.

• Upvote 1