Jack Ross fired

Raymie

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

The job he done with St Mirren was incredible. 

Nah disagree. He basically bought an entire new side in his first season in charge and escaped the relegation playoffs by goal difference on the final day. No other side had the luxury of this of bringing in players of the quality he could.

His second season he had the second largest budget in the division and the only club he outperformed was a shambolic Dundee Utd side. A decent season? Absolutely. An incredible season? Nah. 

6 hours ago, Al k said:

Loads of Hibs fans wanting Lennon back. Not quite sure why, Didn't' cover himself in glory when he left. Homophobic and misogynistic i believe were terms used to describe the situation.  

He made some less than complimentary remarks to Leeanne Dempster, I think. Some believe it was a deliberate ploy to get himself sacked as he'd heard Brendan Rodgers was leaving Celtic for Leicester. 

Hibs would be crazy to ask him back. There are plenty of good managers who would be happy to take the job. 

10 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It seems nowadays one bad run of form costs a manager his job,I would have stuck by him if i was Ron Gordon. One thing Ross Mcarthur is that he sticks by his manager and is loyal to him.

True. Football form is often completely weird. Confidence is such a huge factor. I remember Jimmy Calderwood was given a new contract after the Pars had lost either 7 or 8 games games on the spin, in the top flight. They then went on a similarly long unbeaten run.

One game is often all it takes, although in Hibs case, they clearly failed to build on that semi-final win v Therangers.

12 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It seems nowadays one bad run of form costs a manager his job,I would have stuck by him if i was Ron Gordon. One thing Ross Mcarthur is that he sticks by his manager and is loyal to him.

Maybe that’s been a potential downfall for Ross? AJ and grant got far too much time than they should’ve been allowed

22 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Maybe that’s been a potential downfall for Ross? AJ and grant got far too much time than they should’ve been allowed

Here's the point for me, Ross has admitted mistakes regarding Managers. 

Here's another point, Ross has stuck by the clubs employees because he's a decent man. Too many people forget that managers are just regular guys doing a job. Ross supports them as a responsible employer should. 

24 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Here's the point for me, Ross has admitted mistakes regarding Managers. 

Here's another point, Ross has stuck by the clubs employees because he's a decent man. Too many people forget that managers are just regular guys doing a job. Ross supports them as a responsible employer should. 

Pretty much this. It was frustrating how long AJ then Grant were kept on but testament to Ross’ kindness and consideration  to others, even with the vile personal abuse that brought. He got some things wrong but he’s a bloody good man

• Upvote 1