Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

Also worth noting the following:

03/09/21 - 6439 cases per day, 11 new deaths per day, 138 hospital admissions per day

14/12/21 (Data for this runs a week behind) - 5271 cases per day, 5.3 new deaths per day, 52 hospital admissions per day

So, down 1168 cases per day, 5.7 new deaths per day, and 86 admissions per day.

Now, it will be interesting to see what it says next Tuesday, but can anyone explain how we are now facing new restrictions based on these figures? Why hasn't anyone asked them this question?

• Upvote 1

It is a considerable financial hit to play games behind closed doors or even a few hundred spectators. Better financially to suspend league until end January and replay 3 missed games in March/April. Club statement just now suggests to me that SFPL considering this point this afternoon. 

Edited by The Roy Barry Fan Club

5 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

It is a considerable financial hit to play games behind closed doors or even a few hundred spectators. Better financially to suspend league until end January and replay 3 missed games in March/April. Club statement just now suggests to me that SFPL considering this point this afternoon. 

Said statement: https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Statement:_Covid_Guidance&ID=13508

TL:DR - they don't yet know what's happening, are trying to find out, and ask that we don't all call the ticket office to ask.

27 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Maybe they just didn't get advance knowledge of the FM's announcement?

Yeah of course and I’m happy to concede I’ve let personal emotions get in the way of logic. That said, the press certainly appeared to be aware before the announcement. The timing seemed very suspect to me but of course that could very well have been a complete coincidence. 

• Upvote 2

Looking ahead over the next few weeks this will possibly impact the following games:

26th Dec: Pars v Arbroath

29th Dec: Pars v ICT

2nd Jan: Raith v Pars

8th Jan: Morton v Pars

15th Jan: Pars v Hamilton

29th Jan: QoS v Pars

Not an ideal situation if you are a football fan but probably inevitable. I'm not sure if this is the way to go or for a brief suspension as some suggest - early days!

• Upvote 1

They would have been better waiting till after the FM's announcement to tweet anything regarding tickets for the festive fixtures.

They must have had an idea that some kind of restrictions would be coming. On our bus through to kilmarnock we thought it could be the last game we would be able to go to for a while.

50 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

They would have been better waiting till after the FM's announcement to tweet anything regarding tickets for the festive fixtures.

They must have had an idea that some kind of restrictions would be coming. On our bus through to kilmarnock we thought it could be the last game we would be able to go to for a while.

There’s every chance it was a scheduled tweet. When it goes out isn’t necessarily when it was written either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

A bit worrying that a board member wouldn't realise that football would be hit with restrictions,this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks.

Screenshot_20211221-184039_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don’t think it says anywhere that they didn’t realise there might be restrictions. The hospitality has also been sold out long before Omicron was even a thing.

4 minutes ago, Digs said:

I don’t think it says anywhere that they didn’t realise there might be restrictions. The hospitality has also been sold out long before Omicron was even a thing.

Him saying that they haven't been given a heads up seems to me that he didn't think any restrictions would be in place for these fixtures. These restrictions have been on the cards for the last few weeks, it shouldn't have been a massive surprise to the BOD. 

So it has happened..........

This will affect any transfers incoming in the window for starters.

Pubs will be open for the Old Firm and Edinburgh derby causing huge problems not just for this mild flu or bad cold, but also trying to police all the venues whereas out of doors 60,000 and 18000 fans all in one location outside and far more easily policed was sensible.

This is utter madness, I can honestly see a full lockdown coming into force on the 27th to prevent the above scenario occurring and all the Hogmany house parties. In the meantime enjoy what's left of the festive period!

Hope they are told to use £347m set aside for getting ready for IndyRef 2 to support all the clubs and businesses being decimated by these rules.

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Him saying that they haven't been given a heads up seems to me that he didn't think any restrictions would be in place for these fixtures. These restrictions have been on the cards for the last few weeks, it shouldn't have been a massive surprise to the BOD. 

I took that to mean that there was no heads up of details, ie when/what the restrictions might be. 

What are the club supposed to do? Cancel all bookings as soon as Omicron pops up in order to pre-empt the restrictions, whatever they might be, come into place? What happens if they don’t materialise? They end up with unsold hospitality and lost revenue anyway. 

The club can’t be blamed for any of this, we have to proceed on the basis of what they know, not what might happen. It’s not their job to do that. 

• Upvote 7