Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

3 hours ago, Berry said:

Seem to be in the minority but I was ok with the decision to play on, not convinced at this stage whether delaying a few games was going to provide any benefit, nothing at the moment to suggest the restrictions wont continue and it’s difficult for clubs who still have players wages to pay for etc, to wait a few weeks only to potentially have the same restrictions still in place is a risk probably too high for some, odds of that happening are potentially low but with how fluid the situation seems to be..

From a fan perspective, I just want this season done with, the 500 entry I’m disappointed we didn’t bother to try and accommodate, I wasn’t a fan of a ballot, just a first come first serve online would’ve done the trick, ST holders only, if you miss out so be it, you have to just keep these things simple and try not to cater for every situation, you aren’t going to be able to please everybody.

Just to end that I’ve read this thread in its entirety and the calibre of dialog and debate is high and refereshing, appreciate the topic but been quite enjoyable to read.

That is probably exactly why they have decided no supporters, if it was season tickets only it would bring in no additional money but still cost for stewards and the police.

If you did what economics say a business should do which is sell 500 tickets there would be uproar amongst the ST holders.

• Upvote 1

There lies the issue though that is the biggest gripe for fans. Those that bought a season ticket did so on the premise that where at all possible the club will make every effort to let them attend. They didn’t do that for Arbroath and looks to be the same for ICT.

We have the opportunity to let 500 in, give more fans a little more value for their ST that they were asked to pay for up front and we didn’t bother.

Too much hassle it comes across as whereby 500 holders should have the right to attend because they paid for it. Not ideal we can’t let everyone in but that’s with the Government, to not let anyone in is on us and is poor form.

Edited by Berry

27 minutes ago, Berry said:

There lies the issue though that is the biggest gripe for fans. Those that bought a season ticket did so on the premise that where at all possible the club will make every effort to let them attend. They didn’t do that for Arbroath and looks to be the same for ICT.

We have the opportunity to let 500 in, give more fans a little more value for their ST that they were asked to pay for up front and we didn’t bother.

Too much hassle it comes across as whereby 500 holders should have the right to attend because they paid for it. Not ideal we can’t let everyone in but that’s with the Government, to not let anyone in is on us and is poor form.

Aye for me it was poor form to just shut the doors.  I understand all the arguments about cost etc - but as a fan I’d much rather have lost on the ballot than have the club say ken what, nah - just no happening.  Im sitting watching sportscene and Rangers are on, no a steward or polis to be seen, fans spread right along the stand.  As a season ticket holder I’m left wondering what exactly is the point of having one other than altruism on my part.  That’s been exhausted by a lot of the clubs decision making over a number of fronts now.

Just now, Berry said:

Where’s that information came from RosythPar if you know?

Couldn't be potential new investors no?

Its came from two different sources,one who works for the club and was at the match on Sunday. He wasnt happy about it. He said it wasnt investors.

Going by. Net some other people know about this too and spotted some of these people on pars TV.

I'm not overly going to get too animated about folk being at the ground for the game unless we know specifically that they shouldnt be there. Not seeing any names yet. However if some directors have been taking liberties there should have been a arse kicking. But atm It's like the man on the grassy knowl and rumour based on conspiracy 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Out of interest, what is the argument for the BOD being permitted to attend? That’s not a loaded question, genuinely just curious.

Not to sure why the whole board are permitted to attend, I know that a director at Raith Rovers tried to bring his pals into Starks Park last season and resulted in the head of security resigning but has now returned to his position.

Definitely looked like more people in the stand on Saturday at East End than last time fans weren't allowed in.

The worrying thing for me is that people who aren't on the board at East End still seem to be trying to have an influence/trying to get involved in club matters. 

Important to get the full facts here I think. While fans aren't allowed in, nobody should be bringing their mates. But we don't yet know that that's what happened, and I don't think we should jump to any conclusions.

It needs looked into though, both as a point of principle in terms of fan goodwill, and also as a point of law regarding whether any rules were broken.

My guess is that the latter won't apply, because anyone there would have fallen within the 500 limit. But it would a bit much if anyone has brought their pals while the fans are locked out.

On the upside, at least they didn't see a brilliant match.