Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

I would expect all the directors (both clubs) physios, playing staff, ball boys etc to be there, but keep the WAGS and liggers oot. I'm sure there would be no hospitality or dodgy bridies on sale.  Who knows?  They may have more bother getting a few thousand through the door shortly, the way things are going. 

9 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Its came from two different sources,one who works for the club and was at the match on Sunday. He wasnt happy about it. He said it wasnt investors.

Going by. Net some other people know about this too and spotted some of these people on pars TV.

Two things for me here personally.

First is that the person working at the club should raise it as a concern through the club (if he is genuinely unhappy about it). Or even feel free to bring it here for further debate. 

Regarding it was pointed out on another Pars website as a source means absolutely nothing, like it also doesn't mean anything on here without a decent piece of evidence as substantiation to the claim. 

If it were proven to be true then it should stamped out with immediate effect as completely unacceptable without question. 

Just out of interest however, I'm going to e-mail the club to ask directly what is the clubs criteria for entry to the ground on these occasions. I will post ant reply on here. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I’m about to watch the stream from Sunday. I’ll have a look 

I'm sure if it was that obvious on the Pars TV stream some of the accusers would already have it plastered on .net (which currently appears to be down) to support their claims.

With the help of zoom and enhance they could probably identify most too.

PS Raymie if you were sitting in the TV gantry in the North stand and you can't see folk in the hospitality boxes should you really be commentating on games if your eyesight is that bad? 🤣😉

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

Two things for me here personally.

First is that the person working at the club should raise it as a concern through the club (if he is genuinely unhappy about it). Or even feel free to bring it here for further debate. 

Regarding it was pointed out on another Pars website as a source means absolutely nothing, like it also doesn't mean anything on here without a decent piece of evidence as substantiation to the claim. 

If it were proven to be true then it should stamped out with immediate effect as completely unacceptable without question. 

Just out of interest however, I'm going to e-mail the club to ask directly what is the clubs criteria for entry to the ground on these occasions. I will post ant reply on here. 

I wouldn't expect a reply, I emailed the SLO regarding someones position at the club, I know for a fact that it was brought up at a board meeting but I never got a reply. I then mentioned to a director that I had emailed,he started of denying any knowledge of the email and then admitted a complaint had been made a few minutes later.

I also emailed the lifeline chairman about lifeline numbets and he didn't bother replying either. When you pay in £240 a year it would be nice for a reply back.

The club needs to improve on its communication with the supporters.

Just now, rosythpar said:

I wouldn't expect a reply, I emailed the SLO regarding someones position at the club, I know for a fact that it was brought up at a board meeting but I never got a reply. I then mentioned to a director that I had emailed,he started of denying any knowledge of the email and then admitted a complaint had been made a few minutes later.

I also emailed the lifeline chairman about lifeline numbets and he didn't bother replying either. When you pay in £240 a year it would be nice for a reply back.

I've had no issues personally regarding getting replies. 

Just now, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Probably best to be commentating on the Pars with bad eyesight at the moment.

For the sake of balance, Braisby was accused of bringing non-director friends to the Arbroath game. Someone who knows the family (according to him) refuted this, saying that he wasn't even at the game as he was attending his son's wedding. 

Supposition is how I treat these rumours. The thread on the other site is claim and counter claim. Unfortunately it's arrived here as subject matter. If it's an issue then it needs to be proven as factual, which right now it hasn't been. So anyone got proof? 

Having thought about it My personal opinion is that if the club are unwilling/unable to accommodate the 500 who are legally allowed to attend then the only people who should be in attendance are those employees/staff who are required to ensure the game goes ahead. 

On a related note, were we the only club who elected to play behind closed doors?

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

That's a shame, rosythpar. It is disappointing to hear this. My correspondence with the club has been pretty good over the years, even recently.

In days gone by, even the notoriously grumpy Paul D'Mello was civil enough to write me a letter rejecting an idea that I had to improve ticket distribution. I have a file for DAFC in my home filing cabinet, and I have a couple of letters going back to the 1980s from Karen Grega. Pride of place goes to a handwritten note on Pars letterhead from Jim Leishman after I wrote him expressing my joy at getting promoted.

• Upvote 1

In response to Keyser: Hearts certainly didn't have any supporters at the Boxing Day game,  citing the difficulty of organising a ballot in time over Christmas and instead making it free to Hearts season ticket holders to view on-0line (this comes from two of my pals who are season ticket holders). It will be interesting to see what approach we take over the Hamilton game which I note was not covered by the Board statement. 

There are obvious sensitivities if the game is effectively closed door. I agree with Piracy and Keyser's views on all of this. As a result, I looked closely at who were in the boxes during the game, and the five which Raymie refers to were a director, the main door steward and his wife -- she looks after the ball-boys, and the two guys from the shop that  I believe were sorting out Christmas on-line sales on the day. I don't have a problem with any of them being there. I think the other two in a different box were players. Generally I think some folk on daft net are working themselves into a sweat over very little, unless others were skulking that I didn't see. 

Rosyth Par is most certainly entitled to a prompt and courteous response as is any Pars supporter to his emails. I'd be tempted to go with a reminder. 

I'm actually much more interested in potential signings. In this regard  do think it is a pity that getting players over from Germany/Eastern Europe for a trial  is a bit more problematic than normal as i think RosythPar was spot on when he previously noted changes in the system that should allow more players to come from abroad at non-international level into Scottish teams.  

Edited by The Roy Barry Fan Club
  • Upvote 4

I'm prone to outbursts online but I'm like that regarding football matters. But this forum allows us a platform to express our views in what is a very frustrating time for us all just now. I was out yesterday having a few pints with fellow fans and it was apparent there's still lots to be positive about going forward. All about perspective. Through time we'll come good, no doubt about it. It'll happen because good people are striving to get us there and more chance if we're doing it as a collective and in a collaborative manner as fans. For me it's all about leadership and if I've one bit of criticism it's that we're maybe not advertising that leadership from the Board enough. We should be hearing more from the top through the social media outlets available to the club. Maybe we should be releasing a monthly magazine type communication on what's happening at the club. I'd love to see a mission type statement from the club maybe at the start of each season and update halfway through the season. Doesn't have to be an endless repetitive bore fest, just a few relevant and informative lines. We've relied too long on that other website and sporadic Facebook statements with links to the clubs official site for our updates. It's not a consistent approach to releasing information. It's so often leading to uninformed endless speculative drivel being accepted as 'debate' on the forums available to fans. We need to up our communication game. Having a reliance on a certain guy and his monopoly on the official site, his own website, and the provision of Pars tv needs looked at going forward. The club needs to proffessionalise this package for the benefit of the support. It's stale, uninspiring and it's also continually devisive. 

• Upvote 5