Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

7 hours ago, Piracy said:

I'm prone to outbursts online but I'm like that regarding football matters. But this forum allows us a platform to express our views in what is a very frustrating time for us all just now. I was out yesterday having a few pints with fellow fans and it was apparent there's still lots to be positive about going forward. All about perspective. Through time we'll come good, no doubt about it. It'll happen because good people are striving to get us there and more chance if we're doing it as a collective and in a collaborative manner as fans. For me it's all about leadership and if I've one bit of criticism it's that we're maybe not advertising that leadership from the Board enough. We should be hearing more from the top through the social media outlets available to the club. Maybe we should be releasing a monthly magazine type communication on what's happening at the club. I'd love to see a mission type statement from the club maybe at the start of each season and update halfway through the season. Doesn't have to be an endless repetitive bore fest, just a few relevant and informative lines. We've relied too long on that other website and sporadic Facebook statements with links to the clubs official site for our updates. It's not a consistent approach to releasing information. It's so often leading to uninformed endless speculative drivel being accepted as 'debate' on the forums available to fans. We need to up our communication game. Having a reliance on a certain guy and his monopoly on the official site, his own website, and the provision of Pars tv needs looked at going forward. The club needs to proffessionalise this package for the benefit of the support. It's stale, uninspiring and it's also continually devisive. 

Mikey and Jason do a magazine for the ex-players association,they could maybe work alongside the board and publish a magazine for them?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I think they are doing the programme now?

Yes I know Jason is definitely involved with the programme but not to sure about mikey,would be good if the club got mikey involved in the marketing again and working alongside Keretic?

Edited by rosythpar

Hopefully with the new CEO coming in he will employ a marketing team outside EEP to install ale on all Social media roles. 
That gets rid of the .net deadwood and start again… I got banned 4 more months ago and received an e mail today asking for money at a raffle…. If the vlxlub are spending money and it’s done right then a seperate company has to work/do this imo.

53 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Hopefully with the new CEO coming in he will employ a marketing team outside EEP to install ale on all Social media roles. 
That gets rid of the .net deadwood and start again… I got banned 4 more months ago and received an e mail today asking for money at a raffle…. If the vlxlub are spending money and it’s done right then a seperate company has to work/do this imo.

Yep, proffessionalise it, not just relying on volunteers. 

Not relying on volunteers in pursuit of professionalisation is a fine concept. The difficulty is that it costs money, we don't have a lot of money and probably we need money to be spent on the park before we start spending it elsewhere. Sadly the way the club is atm especially if we are fighting relegation that some fans will be soon be complaining that money isn't being spent on the team and valuable resources are being wasted on a CEO, Media and training facilities. Atm we need both, but the direction of travel is to a more professional set up and this is the way to go.

29 minutes ago, Superally said:

Not relying on volunteers in pursuit of professionalisation is a fine concept. The difficulty is that it costs money, we don't have a lot of money and probably we need money to be spent on the park before we start spending it elsewhere. Sadly the way the club is atm especially if we are fighting relegation that some fans will be soon be complaining that money isn't being spent on the team and valuable resources are being wasted on a CEO, Media and training facilities. Atm we need both, but the direction of travel is to a more professional set up and this is the way to go.

There are certainly fanbases(ok, mainly falkirk) angry at their clubs apparently spending money on unneeded staff.

Personally currently I wonder how much money our current structure is costing us.  It doesn't take much for even a well payed(for our level) off field staff to easily pay for itself.    I put our current failing at potentially  up to £1milion for this seasons mismanagement,   I would think our new CEO will be lucky to earn 10% of that. 

Edited by parsforlife

I’m assuming we can’t get our hands on volunteers who happen to be professional?

I know we’re drifting slightly off topic of the thread but I think from what we do as a  club purely through volunteering, we do a pretty good job. Could do with a number of improvements though:

1. The articles on the official webpage, normally there are typos which make it look less professional.

2. The interviews we do with managers and players are a bit tedious, we don’t ask just short questions and let them answer, we ask the question and answer it for them. There is honestly little point in them the way they are done.

3. ParsTV could do with a review, the site is slow, not always the most user friendly and quality can be hit and miss.

4. Watched the Arbroath game and Raymie I thought did a great job as does the other boy, think just for the lead if there’s nothing going on feels like there’s an urge to fill the void with chat about something in the game that happened when reality is, it was nothing. Possibly worth doing some homework on player/club facts and have them in pocket in advance and raise if relevant to the game in any way, otherwise, nothing wrong with just not saying anything.

Bloody difficult I imagine commentating on what we serve up I fully appreciate!

5. Yet to see anything really different since the new custodians come in, from what i heard about St Pauli and how fan centric they were etc, I was expecting more by now.

When I run through these, it begs the question whether we actually need professionals or just a little bit of coaching for those that currently do the job. We aren’t that far off in truth.

Edited by Berry

Volunteers deserve recognition. They're always going to be required. But the club has relied on them for the club to actually function and it just is not sustainable. The likes of Ross McArthur is obviously also an unpaid club employee/volunteer and he's already said we need to professionalise aspects of the club for its long term health and sustainability. 

It's good we are now seeing our own training facilities becoming a reality. Better than relying on Alloa, which isn't ideal or indeed proffessional. The academy and the longer term plan to bring all our assets (EEP) back under the clubs ownership, another positive. 

The DAFC Fussball GmbH owners employing a CEO is the right move. Communication for the fans isn't great, it genuinely needs some attention. Hope the new CEO will sort this out. 

The Parstv coverage isnt good enough. The commentating is generally poor but the likes of Raymie guesting as co-commentating does help. The interviews with players and managers are often cringeworthy. The camera work makes it hard to track the game at times. I know I'm sounding like a whining b**ch here but it really does need attention longer term and I do pay to use it. 

Anyway, I suppose the more immediate issue of avoiding relegation surpasses everything else just now. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Berry said:

I’m assuming we can’t get our hands on volunteers who happen to be professional?

I know we’re drifting slightly off topic of the thread but I think from what we do as a  club purely through volunteering, we do a pretty good job. Could do with a number of improvements though:

1. The articles on the official webpage, normally there are typos which make it look less professional.

2. The interviews we do with managers and players are a bit tedious, we don’t ask just short questions and let them answer, we ask the question and answer it for them. There is honestly little point in them the way they are done.

3. ParsTV could do with a review, the site is slow, not always the most user friendly and quality can be hit and miss.

4. Watched the Arbroath game and Raymie I thought did a great job as does the other boy, think just for the lead if there’s nothing going on feels like there’s an urge to fill the void with chat about something in the game that happened when reality is, it was nothing. Possibly worth doing some homework on player/club facts and have them in pocket in advance and raise if relevant to the game in any way, otherwise, nothing wrong with just not saying anything.

Bloody difficult I imagine commentating on what we serve up I fully appreciate!

5. Yet to see anything really different since the new custodians come in, from what i heard about St Pauli and how fan centric they were etc, I was expecting more by now.

When I run through these, it begs the question whether we actually need professionals or just a little bit of coaching for those that currently do the job. We aren’t that far off in truth.

Berry

Very valid points, but from personal experience the club does not welcome professional volunteers easily or willingly.

Very similar to sponsorship, it was damn near impossible to speak to anyone within the club about sponsorship opportunities and costs involved.

As said spending money on 1 or 2 of the right people could easily save the club money and potentially make a lot more.

9 hours ago, Superally said:

The club has just said on COWs that the stadium will be open for the Hamilton game on Jan 15th for 500 fans with ST's Further details will be announced over the next few days  

Perhaps, the message from disgruntled fans has gotten through...

• Upvote 1

Tbh this only allowing 500 fans into a game is nonesense and all the other businesses like food and hospitality must be taking a big hit at this time of year.

But we can travel 2 hours down the road to England.. enjoy a football match, go to the pub and stay down there… drive back up and can’t take a derby day game in🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 
Wee slurpy Sturgeon has a lot to answer for with those ridiculous rules.

3 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Tbh this only allowing 500 fans into a game is nonesense and all the other businesses like food and hospitality must be taking a big hit at this time of year.

But we can travel 2 hours down the road to England.. enjoy a football match, go to the pub and stay down there… drive back up and can’t take a derby day game in🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 
Wee slurpy Sturgeon has a lot to answer for with those ridiculous rules.

Have to agree S.P. but England are now at the point of no return and the next few weeks will determine who was right and who was wrong 

I honestly believe that Boris was feart to impose any restrictions after the party shenanigans from his ilk last year