Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

Scotland has some of the counties with the highest case rates in the UK despite the draconian restrictions we have been living with for months.

According to records released half the people going to hospital are only testing positive when they arrive and not going to hospital because of covid.

I saw a figure yesterday saying that in the whole UK only 20 people were in hospital currently solely because of covid and most likely the Delta variant as its symptoms are a little more severe.

If Omicron was so severe as football fan we are all aware of the amount of players in teams testing positive, as soon as they have finished isolation they are back in the team, doesn't sound like they have just been battling a life threatening disease if they are playing football at an elite level 7 days after catching it!

As for EEP being a danger to 2-400 fans sitting outside in a 12,000 seated stadium, but thousands sitting in the Ally Pally watching the darts isn't, how does that make any sense.

Had it 4 weeks ago was like a nasty cold with 3 bad days nothing normal cold remedies couldn't keep on top off.

Update from figures today. Only one person in Scotland has required ICU care for Omicron and less than 100 have required hospital treatment.

What’s your source for the ICU number?  Not wanting to get into a debate about the whole thing or be a dick, but genuinely have looked for this and cannot find it.  If you can provide a link would be good cheers.

17 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

What’s your source for the ICU number?  Not wanting to get into a debate about the whole thing or be a dick, but genuinely have looked for this and cannot find it.  If you can provide a link would be good cheers.

Front page of the Sunday post this morning.

https://www.sundaypost.com/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Front page of the Sunday post this morning.

https://www.sundaypost.com/

Good man thanks.

This gives me hope.  The worry for me for now is about effect of the infections on those self isolating that will cause huge staffing pressures on services.  Hope it continues to be a mild disease and this is the start of the thing getting itself so far to f**k.

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

The point some appear to be missing is not that omicron is less severe, it’s the number of people who are getting it, meaning they are absent from work. 
That means the likes of doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers, police, firemen, bus drivers, train drivers, shop assistants, delivery drivers…..

this will impact on our daily lives and the economy. 

I just hope none of us have to phone for an ambulance in an emergency 

It's the isolation periods that's causing the issue, 10 says needs to be rightly reduced 

Ambulances, yeah called one in an emergency situation some weeks ago, took them over 4 hours to arrive. Then at the Vic the ambulance was sitting in a queue. So the person I was with sat in an ambulance for a further 3/4 hours. No doubt this wait caused the person I was with further damage that would have been caused if they'd had prompt response given that time span. Got inside A&E at around 02.30am and usual Police with disruptive drunken/drugged degenerate, one attempted suicide case, 2 elderly folk with dementia who'd hurt themselves, small child in extreme distress. Snap shot of the pressure the NHS is under and the massive social problems Scottish society faces, issues often ignored with huge focus being on this virus. I don't think we will ever be in a position to calculate how much damage has been done to missed cancer diagnosis, deteriorating mental health, lost jobs, lost businesses, damage to kids education... and so on. As a society we're still in reactionary mode, Government decisions not even making sense. SNP and the Tories are in a difficult position but they need to do so much better. 

NHS, Emergency Service and other critical infrastructure staff have been granted an exemption to the 10 days - provided they are symptom free, triple-jabbed, negative PCR result and take daily LFTs prior to attending work. But still there are issues with staffing these organisations........ 

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

See this is where it really annoys me…. Stuff other small businesses as whoever works there and tested positive need to do the 10 days but different rules for our government run NHS staff that can go back to work to keep the NHS going🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 
What about the carers that go from house to house looking after the older folk… so the carers are all tested but surely then the people they are caring for have the same jabs and tested? 
These old folk have family going in and out daily  .

Carers are covered by the same exemption however I know from my wife, who is one, that even following a big recruitment drive and with that exemption the service in our area is on its knees due to sickness and waiting for results. 

Carers are quite often the only person her clients see, there are some with families who appear to struggle with taking basic precautions to protect their relatives though. 

I can understand the frustration of small business owners, whilst there may not be immediate threat to life or of illness/ injury its not to say the restrictions may not cause those type of issues. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

I think Scottish Rugby has a lot to thank for this if it happens, they were already looking at playing their home games in Newcastle if the restrictions were in force for the 6 Nations starting on 6th February.

Yeah we can’t have the middle class miss out on an event now can we? Now that isolation rules have changed drastically, it seems stupid that stadiums etc are restricted.

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Yeah we can’t have the middle class miss out on an event now can we? Now that isolation rules have changed drastically, it seems stupid that stadiums etc are restricted.

Wow what a generalisation that is, Rugby is a subject to a definition of class! Who knew!

Either way surely the pro active approach they have considered to circumnavigate the stupid 500 fan rules should be welcomed if it is going to benefit all sports desperately in need  of the income supporters bring.

As we can see in our current transfer activity, it's one in for one out. Would we have been able to increase the squad, add better, pay slightly higher if we'd had the added income from fans over the festive period, possibly.

Could not having those additional funds hamper our fight over relegation, possibly.

Ultimately if we do get relegated what could the long term effects of all this be on the club, players, staff etc

The short term inconvenience to fans could lead to massive implications to the club.

Edited by Rengade Master