Killie V Pars

Superally

Week 18 and it’s the halfway point of our season already, and as we head towards the festive season we have a tough set of four fixtures against top of the league teams. The first of which brings the Pars faithful to Rugby Park at Kilmarnock. Taking points from any of these teams will count as a significant bonus especially away from home. Tommy Wright’s Killie who have performed lower that expectations in 4th spot in the league and 5pts behind leaders ICT will still be formidable. Killie surprisingly have scored only two more goals than the Pars but we have conceded 17 more goals and that would account for them being 15 points ahead in the league. Recent form hasn’t been good though and currently over the past 5 games they have the worst form in the table only winning one game and losing four earning 3pts. The Pars form over the same period has been better collecting 7pts from two wins and a draw. The last outing between the two teams at EEP was a 2-2 draw with goals from Thomas and a last minute extra time goal from Comrie following an assist from Toderov. Although The Pars scored 3 last time out, we also conceded 3 - even though I think I’ll be happy with more of the same. Yogi is still looking to get a balanced team and won’t be helped by Thomas’s long-term absence and while Lewis Martin pulled on a shirt against a bounce match against Livi a return as a trialist is probably not likely for the remainder of this year. Logic determines 1-1 draw and a valuable point. COYP

Interesting selection today and a bit surprising. Hughes was a centre half so I am sure that the back 4 will do fine against the set piece threat of Euan Murray. High balls into the box may be a feature of Killie play. I am looking for some hard work by Wighton who can worry, harry and score goals when he is on a game. COYP