January transfer window

rosythpar

Yogi in the press this week saying that we have the budget at the moment to bring one or two players in the January window.

If we want to bring in more, one or two will need to be moved on.

So who do we think will the club will come to an agreement with and terminate their contract? Mehmet, Jones,Pybus, Cole, Dow? I think one of the strikers will be moved on, maybe Todorov. 

Ross Graham and Kai Kennedy will return to their parent clubs,that will free up some wages. 

The January window is always a tough one to operate in though, Meggle and Yogi have a hard job. We might have to have a look in to the foreign market and use some of Meggle's contacts.

I spoke to a Director last week and he said Yogi will be backed in January.

11 hours ago, Grant said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59555258

This could be massive news for us! 

I genuinely don’t think it significantly will. It will only benefit any team that can identify players in the first place. Is that scouting system in place? They said at the recent meeting that we identified players in the summer but couldn’t get them in. We’ll see who comes up. 

13 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Yogi in the press this week saying that we have the budget at the moment to bring one or two players in the January window.

If we want to bring in more, one or two will need to be moved on.

So who do we think will the club will come to an agreement with and terminate their contract? Mehmet, Jones,Pybus, Cole, Dow? I think one of the strikers will be moved on, maybe Todorov. 

Ross Graham and Kai Kennedy will return to their parent clubs,that will free up some wages. 

The January window is always a tough one to operate in though, Meggle and Yogi have a hard job. We might have to have a look in to the foreign market and use some of Meggle's contacts.

I spoke to a Director last week and he said Yogi will be backed in January.

I can’t See Todorov or Pybus going. Kennedy is also one Hughes is keen on keeping and is playing lots of games in the press just now praising him after his performance last week and also in the closed doors game against Hibs.

Agree on the others though. Hughes said at the recent meeting he’s only spent £250k on players in his career so I expect him to wheel and deal, as he put it, to get more than two players in.

10 hours ago, Digs said:

I genuinely don’t think it significantly will. It will only benefit any team that can identify players in the first place. Is that scouting system in place? They said at the recent meeting that we identified players in the summer but couldn’t get them in. We’ll see who comes up. 

I can’t See Todorov or Pybus going. Kennedy is also one Hughes is keen on keeping and is playing lots of games in the press just now praising him after his performance last week and also in the closed doors game against Hibs.

Agree on the others though. Hughes said at the recent meeting he’s only spent £250k on players in his career so I expect him to wheel and deal, as he put it, to get more than two players in.

Hughes was on the radio the other day and made a comment saying I have a todorov he can have.

I was sat next to Kennedy's uncle at the Morton game and he thinks Rangers will recall him in January but that was before yogi came in. I don't think many other championship clubs could afford to pay 25% of Kennedy's wages so he might stay.

Would like to hold on to Connolly if we can. The problem with the Jan window is that the quality of player isnt quite the same as the summer window. If Thomas injury takes longer that could be a significant Issue especially if Kennedy goes. Connolly has been a asset since he came in and will be a loss and difficult to replace. We need to do something with the midfield and get a player in that gives us some balance. Jones and Cole can go for me. Not buying into Toderov going. He has been a proven goal scorer in this league and you dont let those players go elsewhere. Our problem this season is our unbalanced midfield and having to play one up front and creating opportunities