The Wee Barra

GG Riva

I`ve just finished reading a wonderful biography about the former Celtic, Everton, Leeds and Scotland international, Bobby Collins. Towards the end of his career, he played a couple of seasons (1968-69 and 1969-70) in a decent Morton team. He almost certainly played at EEP but I can`t remember him. One game was an eventful 5-3 win for the Pars. I think Roy Barry was sent off after about 10 mins, for questioning the linesman`s eyesight. 😃

At 68, I'm probably one of the oldest posters on here, if not the oldest. Anyone remember seeing him playing in the flesh?

I was at the 5-3 game G.G. But canny remember Collins playing that day .. I don't think he was even in the squad,  I might be wrong tho,

BTW yer just a Laddie 😉

This from google :-

At Leeds, he established a formidable partnership with the manager Don Revie, who signed him for £25,000 in March 1962. Revie later described him as "the best signing I ever made. Leeds can never thank him enough for the transformation he brought to the club." Collins recalled: "Don knew that good pros had good habits and I think that's what he was hoping to instil when he signed me. One of the great things about the boss was the way he built up a comradeship. We all loved him because he treated us properly and commanded our utmost respect. He also knew how to build a team."

Edited by 1950Par
add extra content