Morton v Pars

Superally

It’s a true 6 pointer on Sat when we head along to Cappilow to face Morton who are a single point behind us at the bottom of the League. Its simples - lose and we are bottom, 2 points behind. Win, and its 4 points ahead of bottom place with the potential if results go our way (and in truth we need them to) we could be in 7th spot. Nothing like being a tad melodramatic here but I think this could be one of our most important games this season. Morton like us have won only two games this season and recent form hasn’t been kind. Their past 5 games have brought them 2pts The Pars have fared slightly better bringing home 5 pts over the same period. Morton have had the better of us this season with a draw at Cappilow and a utter spanking at EEP where we stuffed 3-1 with Todd scoring with a header. Notably it was our first match without Peter Grant with Greg Shields taking the team. The team has been shaken up with a few personnel changes and perhaps with more to come. However, I do feel we probably have a wee bit more momentum than Morton atm so I’ll go for a optimistic 2-1 away win for the Pars. COYP  

We need to win this one. In many respects, this is way more than a six-pointer. If we don't win, it is surely inevitable that we will begin to hear supporters baying for Yogi's blood. We all know that it is way too early for this to happen, but who out there thinks that it won't? Sadly this is a feature of the game these days.

Once it starts, if we happen to be sitting bottom of the league, then the manager has a hell of a job on his hands to reverse that public sentiment. We end up in a negative vortex with relegation a near certainty and an even more giant mountain to climb next season. 

That said, I'll go for a scrappy 1-0 win for the Pars.

Don't let us down at Cappielow, lads!

• Upvote 2

No more new signings but I would expect to see more from Lawless and the introduction of Donaldson. Dorans may return after being out last week. Yogi may set us up not to get beat but this will be a golden opportunity to get a win and create a bit of space. If results go our way we may end up 7th but the important thing is not to lose and we should aim to pull those teams above us into the mire. COYP  

13 minutes ago, Superally said:

No more new signings but I would expect to see more from Lawless and the introduction of Donaldson. Dorans may return after being out last week. Yogi may set us up not to get beat but this will be a golden opportunity to get a win and create a bit of space. If results go our way we may end up 7th but the important thing is not to lose and we should aim to pull those teams above us into the mire. COYP  

I hope pybus isn’t dropped for Dorrans, he was by far our best player I thought on Sunday 

Dorrans will come in no doubt, but I think Paul Allan will drop out for him.

Allan is best in the holding role but he's competing with Dorrans for that spot. When we played Allan in the more advanced central midfield role against Arbroath, he was instinctively slowing the play down and turning backwards.

Pybus should keep is place, but Matty Todd needs replaced. I just don't think he is good enough. I hope there will soon be a new signing to take that spot in the team.

• Upvote 1

Game day!

A massive 3 points available for the winner of today’s match. Unfortunately the great win over Ayr has been a rare bright point in the season so far so I expect Yogi’s approach will be to keep things tight as we seen wide open when attacking.

With Lewis Martin back in the squad my mind goes back to his debut when a side devastated by administration secured a great win in Greenock against the best Morton side in recent history. John Potter was excellent that day, talking his youthful teammates through the game. The same result today would be very welcome.

• Upvote 1

0-5...

In all seriousness, it would be good if Allan and pybus played as the deeper midfielders and dorrans played further forward where he can use his quality at the top end of the park, he is useless coming deep to get the ball and ends up just passing it between him and our defenders and we go nowhere while giving the other team time to get organised.

If the above happens would allow Dow to be played wide again also rather than being lost in central midfield

Edited by the saline hill puma