Morton v Pars

Superally

Once again it has to be asked who applied for the job, was Yogi really the best candidate, or was the choice made on an old reliable set of safe hands to get us through the season.

Because it's not working, and I think this may well be the problem with the players, they have not been brought up playing for old school managers, the modern game even at grass root level is far more modern than what many think.

Getting a modern player to start playing against the way they have been coached from a young age is going to be difficult, buying into it when you are not playing your best and losing games even harder.

Where Stevie was probably a lot better after his time at Plymouth where they are a lot further ahead with the that side of things, SC would have had a bit of both sides to his coaching.

John Collins had the same issue at Hibs as did to a degree Stephen Kenny with us, modern managers with older players, we have now gone full circle older manager younger players.

Why the hell are we building out from the back? We’re not Man City ffs. Get the ball up the pitch as much as possible and play higher as a defensive line.

Steven Lawless must be saying to himself “wtf did I sign up for”  The team are going to have to dig in and fight for 90mins in every game. 

We’re not doomed yet but the players on that pitch today imo didn’t give 100% in play and getting stuck in. 

9 minutes ago, Grant said:

With him signing a new contract at Montrose it's fair to say he wouldn't have been interested? 

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere most part time managers have a clause in their contracts that if a full time club comes for them they can go(maybe a set compo fee included).

I would have had Petrie or Dick tbh but it didnt materialise.  

18 minutes ago, Grant said:

With him signing a new contract at Montrose it's fair to say he wouldn't have been interested? 

I'm still adamant Levein and McIntyre would've been better choices. 

I took petite new contact at Montrose as a sign we were strongly interested in getting  him, with Montrose taking action against future interest.

33 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Once again it has to be asked who applied for the job, was Yogi really the best candidate, or was the choice made on an old reliable set of safe hands to get us through the season.

Because it's not working, and I think this may well be the problem with the players, they have not been brought up playing for old school managers, the modern game even at grass root level is far more modern than what many think.

Getting a modern player to start playing against the way they have been coached from a young age is going to be difficult, buying into it when you are not playing your best and losing games even harder.

Where Stevie was probably a lot better after his time at Plymouth where they are a lot further ahead with the that side of things, SC would have had a bit of both sides to his coaching.

John Collins had the same issue at Hibs as did to a degree Stephen Kenny with us, modern managers with older players, we have now gone full circle older manager younger players.

I would say the players we have just aren’t up for the fight…. Most haven’t been involved in a relegation situation so it’s just another game without thinking about what will happen to the club. 
It’s a very sad situation we are in and that team really needs to man up and take responsibility. 

Petrie didn't show any interest in the job and the club showed no interest in him.

A director and someone who used to hold an official role at the club turned up at John Robertson's book launch to see if he was interested in the job.

I believe Kettlewell was a close second to get the job.

Wasn't convinced that the appointment of Hughes was a good one considering his time with Rovers, and when Hartlepool paid Livingston compensation for his services Livi were delighted that someone had taken him off their hands AND given them money for him. 

However, because of the complete and utter **** show he has inherited and the transfer market is very limited in January I will give him the same free ride that Jocky Scott got when he inherited Iain Munro's squad. 

The one thing is we are only a win away from getting of the bottom. Where this coming from is another thing.

The situation for me is its awful, Stevie leaving us with his previous seasons being very poor I'm not sure we had more than 15 decent games in his time. Also having some money to spend on players and still having no midfield.

Grant coming in was a utterly baffling decision, he then proclaimed no signings would be made for the sake of it. Fannied around for weeks then signing players for the sake of it. When it was clear we needed midfielders before the loan market closed then brought in another defender. He never made the changes needed when his mismatched squad couldnt play the formation he wanted.

The directors then kept him in place far longer than he should have been. It was clear after the Rangers game he was way out his depth and there was something far wrong in the background with the squad.

Hughes comes in, things seemed to be a bit better but his selections are just as baffling. I can only hope the transfer window is a good one but why on earth would anyone come here at the moment.

Covid has ruined a lot of the plans for the investors which I can accept, the only positive we have had is the training ground plans and the academy. Its hard to even be positive about that now as the guy who ran fife elite and brought through next to nothing has got the top job. 

We are an utter shambles and there needs to be a lot of soul searching at the top, I genuinely can't see where we are going to better. Only Falkirk are a full time club in worse situation that us and I'm quite sure they will be in a better situation than we are in the summer. 

Hope I'm wrong about this but I don't think I have ever been so disillusioned and that's taking in to account, Munro, Scott, Hay and the Potter days. 

• Upvote 2