Derek McInnes

rosythpar

Did we approach him? If not, why not? Could we have afforded him? Could we have matched his ambition? Would he have wanted to come to a team in our position? Who knows, but it's all the more frustrating that he is now at another Championship club as he would have been a lot of other peoples first choice, including my own. 

34 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I seem to recall McInnes salary was deep into six figures at Aberdeen. You’d imagine he’s taken a fairly hefty pay cut to sign up to the Killie job but even then I’d be amazed if we’d get anywhere near close enough to tempting him. 

He was on 18k a week apparently. My cousins mate works for Aberdeen and when rangers came in for him, the chairman Stewart Milne offered him a hefty wage rise. Before that offer, One day when they arrived for work, they were told  anything with mcinnes on it had to be removed

27 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

He was on 18k a week apparently. My cousins mate works for Aberdeen and when rangers came in for him, the chairman Stewart Milne offered him a hefty wage rise. Before that offer, One day when they arrived for work, they were told  anything with mcinnes on it had to be removed

Yeah after a quick google there’s a couple of newspapers articles stating his salary on the new deal was not a kick in the arse off a million pounds a year. I had no idea it was that high tbh. 

Kilmarnock are a far better proposition to manage than us, they've been in the Premier league every season for the last 20 seasons, bar this one. 

We've been in one season since 2008? I'm not sold on the Hughes appointment but we weren't in any danger of being attractive to McInnes.