Mark Connolly away?

Raymie

It's a damming indictment that he's apparently our best defender, his marking and positional play leave allot to be desired. Defence didn't get any better with him in the team instead of Watson. 

Shouted allot and looked angry which seemed to help persuade our fans that he was showing passion, and his mistakes were then swiftly glossed over. We seemed to have had a carousel of centre backs this season, and I honestly wouldn't say I've noticed Connelly looking much better than the average, cheerio. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, 1950Par said:

Bloody Hell Grant  indictment :-  a formal charge or accusation of a serious crime

Have you seen some of our defending? Criminal!

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Regardless if he goes or not, the fact we have to sign so many players in January is disgraceful. Whoever sanctioned the summer signings should hang their heads in shame, literally every signing has been so poor

Peter Grant surely? AFAIK we don't have a DoF or head of recruitment that oversees transfers*, and quite rightly the board aren't going to step on the managers toes providing it's within budget. 

*I wish we did though! 

22 minutes ago, Grant said:

Peter Grant surely? AFAIK we don't have a DoF or head of recruitment that oversees transfers*, and quite rightly the board aren't going to step on the managers toes providing it's within budget. 

*I wish we did though! 

We do have a chief scout and I’m sure meggle would’ve potentially helped with transfers? With the style we were attempting to play it certainly seems like he had some influence, as I’d never seen Alloa play like that under Grant 

Edited by kelty_par

Just now, Grant said:

*I wish we did though! 

We have a sporting director, Thomas Meggle.

Edited by rosythpar

2 hours ago, Grant said:

It's a damming indictment that he's apparently our best defender, his marking and positional play leave allot to be desired. Defence didn't get any better with him in the team instead of Watson. 

Shouted allot and looked angry which seemed to help persuade our fans that he was showing passion, and his mistakes were then swiftly glossed over. We seemed to have had a carousel of centre backs this season, and I honestly wouldn't say I've noticed Connelly looking much better than the average, cheerio. 

If Yogi doesn’t know a decent centre half when he has one, then game’s a bogey ?