New signing

rosythpar

21 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Based on what? A few ayr fans on social media

Ayr fans throughout his time there. 

21 minutes ago, 1950Par said:

Time will tell Grant I'm prepared to wait and see before I judge the Laddie 

🤷‍♂️ No point ever passing comment on a signing then really. 

15 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

What about this fans gutted? Or we only concentrating on negative comments?

Going on the majority plus what I've seen, I don't think he was very good for Ayr. 

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

🤷‍♂️ No point ever passing comment on a signing then really. 

A comment based on what tho Grant ? You have obviously seen him play ?  and also know a lot more about him to post such an early negative comment 

Gee Whiz at least give him time to get in the door !!

Looking at his time at Ayr. He was signed by Mark Kerr. Kerr liked his teams to play a bit. Kerr was sacked soon after. Hopkin and Duffy then played a direct style afterwards.

Not saying it was the reason he has not done well, but maybe he was suited to a different style of team. Inverness fans seem to have a different option of him, and think he was decent to very good at times with them.

I think Yogi seems to want guys who can pass and are comfortable on the ball. In his interview he says that he brings something a bit different to what we have and sounds pretty pleased to get him.

Maybe a change of club and style might get the best out of him.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, 1950Par said:

A comment based on what tho Grant ? You have obviously seen him play ?  and also know a lot more about him to post such an early negative comment 

Gee Whiz at least give him time to get in the door !!

Based on Ayr fans having watched him play over the past two seasons? 

I have seen him play yes. 

🤷‍♂️ There were negative comments about the Grant appointment, and his summer buisness, was that the reason it failed? No, it failed because it was bad. If you're going to shut your eyes and just clap along at whatever it makes any opinion pointless. 

We've signed a player, from what I've seen of him, and from what the fans of his other clubs say it doesn't seem like a very good signing, it's really not that deep. 

2 minutes ago, Grant said:

🤷‍♂️ There were negative comments about the Grant appointment, and his summer buisness, was that the reason it failed? No, it failed because it was bad. If you're going to shut your eyes and just clap along at whatever it makes any opinion pointless. 

We've signed a player, from what I've seen of him, and from what the fans of his other clubs say it doesn't seem like a very good signing, it's really not that deep. 

Fair enough Grant, ye can take the Laddie out of .net etc. 

18 minutes ago, Grant said:

Maybe the last 2 managers at ayr he wouldn’t have suited the style they played? But time will tell, let’s just get behind him and the rest of them

14 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Pleased with signing a midfielder. Trusting Yogi on this one, along with any new signings he makes. He deserves that backing imo given he inherited a team. Let's see who comes in next and then how they'll actually perform. I believe we're staying up. 

Some sections of the support are already getting on Yogi's back,they have to realise he is sorting out a complete mess Grant left us in. He has my full backing and our aim is just to stay up this season and let Yogi rebuild in the summer.

Strange one Ayr letting a player go to a relegation rival? Bullen must not rate him 

• Upvote 3

Dom Thomas under Grant - Lazy, didn't try, waste of a shirt etc (if the other site is to be believed).

Dom Thomas under Hughes - The second coming.

Manager, formation and style of play has a big influence on a player and how he performs on the park and how they are perceived.

Edited by Boston Red Sox

5 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Dom Thomas under Grant - Lazy, didn't try, waste of a shirt etc (if the other site is to be believed).

Dom Thomas under Hughes - The second coming.

Manager, formation and style of play has a big influence on a player and how he performs on the park and how they are perceived.

The issue with grant is that he didn’t want to play anyone that was already with us, dropped OFW, Watson, gasputis, Thomas etc like a ton of bricks. Only started playing them when he realised his signings were absolutely awful. Yogi needs to get us survival then a huge rebuild in the summer. Thomas coming back is going to be like a new signing for us