New signing

rosythpar

Just now, kelty_par said:

Yogi needs to get us survival then a huge rebuild in the summer. Thomas coming back is going to be like a new signing for us 

Spoke about this on Saturday,the club needs a complete restructure and rebuild from top to bottom for next season.David Cook will just be the beginning hopefully and we will see a restructure at boardroom level which Ross mentioned earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, rosythpar said:

Spoke about this on Saturday,the club needs a complete restructure and rebuild from top to bottom for next season.David Cook will just be the beginning hopefully and we will see a restructure at boardroom level which Ross mentioned earlier in the season.

I met David Cook at Nottingham Forest  three years ago. Really personable guy.  A load of us when down there for hospitality and he came up to speak to us when he heard we were Pars fans. He was still chatting to us after the game had kicked off.  Seemed enthusiastic about the Pars anyway and has a good C.V. Early 40's I would say, so fairly young for being at that level.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Dom Thomas under Grant - Lazy, didn't try, waste of a shirt etc (if the other site is to be believed).

Dom Thomas under Hughes - The second coming.

Manager, formation and style of play has a big influence on a player and how he performs on the park and how they are perceived.

Grant put Thomas on as Captain, then subbed him at half time.Tells it's own story being honest. 

9 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Dom Thomas under Grant - Lazy, didn't try, waste of a shirt etc (if the other site is to be believed).

Dom Thomas under Hughes - The second coming.

Manager, formation and style of play has a big influence on a player and how he performs on the park and how they are perceived.

It was Grant that said Thomas didn't have the required work ethic for centre mid, AFAIK it was pointed out by Pars fans everywhere that Dom Thomas wasn't a centre mid. 

Dom has at various points in his career been a very, very, very good winger at this level. That's not comparable to Joe Chalmers. 

According to the oracle that is P&B, he didn't set the heather on fire in an utterly ****e Ayr team under 2 terrible managers............I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that he could do OK here. Thistle fans said Lawless was finished & according to some big Coll was a dud as well. Early days but both seem fine to me, certainly an upgrade on what we have.

We're 2nd bottom in the Championship & it's the January window. I really don't know who some folk expect us to sign. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

According to the oracle that is P&B, he didn't set the heather on fire in an utterly ****e Ayr team under 2 terrible managers............I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that he could do OK here. Thistle fans said Lawless was finished & according to some big Coll was a dud as well. Early days but both seem fine to me, certainly an upgrade on what we have.

We're 2nd bottom in the Championship & it's the January window. I really don't know who some folk expect us to sign. 

If we had any ambition Eriksson would have been our first signing. Dembele has also been told he can go he'd better be one of the trialists or I'm finished with this club.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I gave up reading that P&B, that da baracus who posts on it has a weird obsession with me for some reason, I have no clue who he is.

January is a hard window to operate in and it is even harder to attract players when you are in the position we are in.

4 hours ago, Grant said:

It was Grant that said Thomas didn't have the required work ethic for centre mid, AFAIK it was pointed out by Pars fans everywhere that Dom Thomas wasn't a centre mid.

Maybe it's the very early season form in the league cup clouding my memory, but I feel like Dom was doing pretty well in the middle in terms of creating chances at least.

I do agree though that he's not the player for a midfield battle - at the head of a central midfield 3 though, I could definitely see him working.

Prefer him on the wing though and hopefully we'll see him there again soon!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Thistle fans were very complimentary about Lawless, as were Livi fans. Motherwell fans weren't keen but that could be tempered with that he was moving down a level and he had an acrimonious split with the Well. 

Coll Donaldson had done well at this level a couple of seasons back and got a move upto the Premiership of the back of it. 

Chalmers doesn't have that credit in the bank anywhere, Inverness fans weren't ***ed about him going, he then didn't do well at Ayr(and that's including under Kerr who favoured a possession based football). We seemed to have signed him because he has a left foot. 

It's not outwith the realms of possibility that he does well but it doesn't seem very likely. I hope he does and I'll be at EEP with the hope that he puts in great performances, but likewise I don't see the point in burying my head in the sand and pretending that it's a good signing on the face of it.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Maybe it's the very early season form in the league cup clouding my memory, but I feel like Dom was doing pretty well in the middle in terms of creating chances at least.

I do agree though that he's not the player for a midfield battle - at the head of a central midfield 3 though, I could definitely see him working.

Prefer him on the wing though and hopefully we'll see him there again soon!

We were playing that 523 with three strikers though, I could be wrong but did we not have Dom in the midfield two? Not his game, I don't think he wasn't putting in effort though, it was Grant that said that. 

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I pay literally zero attention to what fans of opposing teams have to say about their ex-players we have signed. I;d rather use my own eyes and judge him based on his performances for my team, no matter who the player is.