New signing

rosythpar

9 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Is Conteh better than what we have? Plus talk of  Ohara going out on loan… 

If true then we really need 4/5 players in minimum. If not it’s welcome to the seaside league next season which would be a disaster!

I’ve absolutely no idea if he is, but I doubt yogi would bring players in that aren’t better than what we have already. Some Facebook page asking if anyone heard about o’hara, I doubt we’d let our top scorer go out on loan

19 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

I’ve absolutely no idea if he is, but I doubt yogi would bring players in that aren’t better than what we have already. Some Facebook page asking if anyone heard about o’hara, I doubt we’d let our top scorer go out on loan

I don't believe hughes(or any manager) will bring in players they think aren't better that what they have.

But they regularly do, they make bad calls and when they make too many bad calls they negatively affect the club they're employed by and the chances of them being continually employed by that club.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don't believe hughes(or any manager) will bring in players they think aren't better that what they have.

But they regularly do, they make bad calls and when they make too many bad calls they negatively affect the club they're employed by and the chances of them being continually employed by that club.

Well I suppose that’s true, but I’m trusting yogi to make the right calls. The fact he’s not just signing anyone and panic signing anyone, that’s exactly what PG done and look at the mess of the squad he left behind 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately Hugues historic record is poor,  that brings less trust in his ability and more questions on his signings.

I'll never understand a mindset that just because someone works for our club means they should be given trust. We've seen where that goes and it isn't pretty.

Edited by parsforlife

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Unfortunately Hugues historic record is poor,  that brings less trust in his ability and more questions on his signings.

I'll never understand a mindset that just because someone works for our club means they should be given trust. We've seen where that goes and it isn't pretty.

I’d say his signings so far have been decent? Seems like some folk are desperate for yogi to fail so they can just turn round and say told you so

• Upvote 3

Just now, kelty_par said:

I’d say his signings so far have been decent? Seems like some folk are desperate for yogi to fail so they can just turn round and say told you so

Yogi is getting stick from some of our supporters already,some of them need to have a reality check and realise the goal now is just to survive and rebuild in the summer

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Not sure Yogi's record is as poor as some would perceive. 

When employers employ an individual then it's logical to assume they've done so because he has impressed them enough for them to put their trust in him to do (at the very least) a competent job.

Yes the last managerial appointment before Yogi's was poor but we were assured that this particular appointment process would be a more robust one. I personally believe that to be the case, so therefore it's then logical, as a fan that I've chosen to trust their judgement as the club obviously trust the new manager. That's what a responsible employer should do. Why would you go to the bother of employing someone then be suspicious of their abilities to succeed? 

Yogi has a fairly decent track record in clubs around our level and in similar predicaments. Yes he's had failings but so have all employees at some point in their working lives. The bottom line is, he's a hard working, honest and committed guy who's doing his best for our club under extremely challenging circumstances. That's worthy of consideration. 

He's inherited a team devoid of confidence (in some cases ability) in a desperate and challenging league. He's clearly working hard to change the situation. As fans of this club I cannot see what else we should do other than support him, the team and the club right at this moment in time. It's way too easy to just assume things, cast aspersions, deal in conjecture and let a sense of self entitlement prevail over realism. We're in a howk and we're in it together. No other way to get out of it other than working hard and building trust in those employed to make us better. 

See if we f*ck up, then it's a different ball game. I don't believe we're anywhere near that. 

• Upvote 9

We are certainly in the **** and in it together.

Supporting the club comes in different forms,  asking questions, being sceptical at times and criticism is part of that. We all want what is best for the club,  and being able to answer questions,  alleviate scientism, take criticism positively and use that to improve will make us a better club.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

We are certainly in the **** and in it together.

Supporting the club comes in different forms,  asking questions, being sceptical at times and criticism is part of that. We all want what is best for the club,  and being able to answer questions,  alleviate scientism, take criticism positively and use that to improve will make us a better club.

Fair comment