New signing

rosythpar

I’m sure homesick was partly the reason for Gaspuitis…but was it the real reason…I’m not so sure.

The boy will have been sold an exciting move by Skerla, nice stadium, fantastic fans, a sleeping giant, gunning for promotion etc.

In his short time here he’s had to deal with the pandemic, a portion of fans arguably at their worst and toxic during the Peter Grant era and his tenure in general with the squad he assembled and how bad we’ve been. Gaspuitis wasn’t regularly starting either throughout when he is an internationalist who has had experience defending against some of the best players in the world.

He’ll have accepted it just wasn’t meant to be, career is short, move on. It’s not worth the hassle, I wouldn’t want to spend time playing here either having all that against you when your family was elsewhere.

If we were performing better and challenging it would’ve been different.

I just hope he looks back with some fond memories rather than regret and wish him all the best.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Yogi 3 v PG 0. That's wins. PG knew how to get a draw. 7 in total. We've improved, but just need a few more wins against our level.

Grant should never,  ever be used as a standard to judge by,   he was such a pathetic failure you can make anything look good against him. 

56 minutes ago, Grant said:

On the interview from Yogi, Gaspuitis not playing really exacerbated his home sickness. I don't think he deserved to get dropped at the time he did. 

Agreed,  I've never seen too much wrong with gaspuitus,  not the most technical players but he always seemed sold.  Playing every week almost certainly would have given him more reason to stay.

4 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Yogi 3 v PG 0. That's wins. PG knew how to get a draw. 7 in total. We've improved, but just need a few more wins against our level.

Hughes has only won 2 games, versus Ayr and Hamilton. The win at ICT was before he took charge.

Also, technically Grant won 3 (Partick, Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir in the league cup) No league games though.

18 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Exactly so Yogi has to really get a win tomm…. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

He went in the dressing room, although I believe Shields/Whittaker picked the team. I'll give him the win. Regardless if PG isn't a benchmark, Hughes has improved us. If we beat the QOS, Ayr and Morton , then we'll be safe. I get folk think Yogi no the man, but it's where we are. A win tomorrow should give us a great boost.

For the fans who questioned the lack of signings, go and have a look at Yogi's interview on YouTube about new signing Bobby Kamwa. It just goes to show the hard work that goes in behind the scenes to bring in a new player- speaking to the players club,the player,agent,getting the player in for a trial in some cases and sorting out accomodation. it is not an easy task to bring in a new player and at it looks like under Yogi we are doing proper research this time.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Berry said:

I’m sure homesick was partly the reason for Gaspuitis…but was it the real reason…I’m not so sure.

The boy will have been sold an exciting move by Skerla, nice stadium, fantastic fans, a sleeping giant, gunning for promotion etc.

In his short time here he’s had to deal with the pandemic, a portion of fans arguably at their worst and toxic during the Peter Grant era and his tenure in general with the squad he assembled and how bad we’ve been. Gaspuitis wasn’t regularly starting either throughout when he is an internationalist who has had experience defending against some of the best players in the world.

He’ll have accepted it just wasn’t meant to be, career is short, move on. It’s not worth the hassle, I wouldn’t want to spend time playing here either having all that against you when your family was elsewhere.

If we were performing better and challenging it would’ve been different.

I just hope he looks back with some fond memories rather than regret and wish him all the best.

Good post.

Also, don’t underestimate in these situations the family influence via social media.  If your son is thousands of miles away and you follow their club, only to see regular negative comments about the team and players…doesn’t make for a positive experience for them either, exacerbating the situation.

Jurys out on Yogi and the signings. I get the whole “hard work from others” but if I’m being really honest, at this point my concern is much more about the quality of work rather than unproductive “graft”.  We’ve seen such a decline over the last few years, I doubt it’s through lack of effort.

5 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

”.  We’ve seen such a decline over the last few years, I doubt it’s through lack of effort.

This is key, under RM we've had a chairman who has put in more effort, money and time than any chairman we'll have had before, and chances are will again. Despite that we still ended up with Grant, who again, I don't doubt for a single second worked tirelessly to try and achieve something. 

Hard work is the least that's expected in any line of work, sadly it doesn't always guarantee success, we need to have the right people in the right positions doing the right things, and that goes all the way from the the players selected on a Saturday to those running the club through the week, and everything in between. Obviously something hasn't been right for us to find ourselves in the position we were in.