New signing

rosythpar

13 hours ago, alwaysaPar said:

I think if the manager looks at the opposition and the tactics he wants to employ against them and feels that he can walk straight in the team, then I guess he will.

That's the way his job works.....

Well, you might well be spot on, alwaysaPar and we'll find out soon enough. I tried to put myself in Yogi's shoes.

I have Donaldson and Martin who have done very well since that calamitous afternoon in Greenock. I`ve just brought in Ambrose who has played at a much higher level but hasn`t played for 3 months, so he can`t be fully match fit.

What will I do? Hmmm. 🤔 Tough one.... 

• Upvote 1

I might get shot down myself for this, but I think it's pretty harmless, Keyser. I agree that if the roles were reversed, it would rightly attract criticism. That's because males are generally regarded as predatory animals by society and females as prey. So a male directing such comments towards a female could appear to be quite menacing, whereas it's perhaps far less apparent if the instigator is female.

39 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I might get shot down myself for this, but I think it's pretty harmless, Keyser. I agree that if the roles were reversed, it would rightly attract criticism. That's because males are generally regarded as predatory animals by society and females as prey. So a male directing such comments towards a female could appear to be quite menacing, whereas it's perhaps far less apparent if the instigator is female.

I don’t think that makes it ok, GG. Unsolicited sexual comments are bang out of order regardless of the perpetrators gender. You’d be hauled up to HR if you made comments like that in the workplace. 

31 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I don’t think that makes it ok, GG. Unsolicited sexual comments are bang out of order regardless of the perpetrators gender. You’d be hauled up to HR if you made comments like that in the workplace. 

I wasn't actually arguing that it makes it OK, just pointing out that the perception is markedly different. I found it mildly amusing and not at all offensive. That might be partly due to the fact that I know one of the ladies involved in the exchange and I suspect you do, too.

8 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Unfortunately I noticed some misandrist comments on Twitter aimed at Ambrose. Really disappointing to see that stuff from fellow Dunfermline fans. If that was a male supporter aiming such comments at a female player they’d rightly be shot down for it.

I am glad that you have raised this issue.

I am getting sick of going to the football knowing that with the increase in female fans, there has been an increase of eyes upon me, mentally undressing me and viewing me as little more than a sex object. Probably.

Thank you brother.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

I am getting sick of going to the football knowing that with the increase in female fans, there has been an increase of eyes upon me, mentally undressing me and viewing me as little more than a sex object. Probably.

Thank you brother.

With all due respect, is sexual harassment a laughing matter? 

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

Thank you brother.

Faie enough, but tbh I'm a bit of a midden so no objections from me. 

• Upvote 1