New signing

rosythpar

Yogi sounds excited and sounds just like the sort of guy we need up front. Hard working, has a bit of skill and pace too. He looks like a bit of a unit too. 

Hoefully this means he will stick with two up now. It would be good to see McCann with a partner who is also a handful and would go some way to addressing the issue of defending from the front and not being a soft touch if they can put defenders on the back foot.

• Upvote 4

He penned a 2 year deal with Leeds in 2020, so I have to assume that Leeds thought he could make the grade at that time ? 
It’s an opportunity to put himself in the shop window and I hope he bangs in the goals to keep us up ?

One obvious advantage is none of the defenders in this league know a single thing about him 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Not much to go on but he looks a poacher with presence. 

Looks good from that video (even scored the same goal twice...) Nice movement to create space for himself on a couple of them.

As @DA-go Par Adonis says though, he'll need the service. Hopefully that's where Lawless and Thomas (soon) will be able to provide. It also makes me wonder (again) about the release on loan of McDonald, as his crossing was excellent when ever I saw him play.

20 hours ago, kelty_par said:

I’d say his signings so far have been decent?

I'd agree with that...

20 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Seems like some folk are desperate for yogi to fail so they can just turn round and say told you so

...but that's nonsense. No Pars fan wants him to fail. Plenty, myself included, are still pretty skeptical about him, based on his past record at some clubs, his patter-merchant style (which, if he's getting results, fine, but when we're not, just grates), several performances in his tenure so far, especially Morton, and some of the decisions about the squad (Wighton and McDonald being my particular complaints).

He deserves a chance to prove himself and deliver his own take on the squad, of course, and he'll get that chance. And I hope he succeeds, and that the Pars stay up this year and thrive the next.