If we got relegated then what’s next…

Secure Par

Would the club still build the new training facility…. Would it keep the pro youth training academy?

These are major steps to get the club going forward but relegation into the seaside league could see us there for a few seasons… At least a fife derby against Kelty and games against our six finger friends will probably generate money but looking at our position now it’s depressing.

Edited by Secure Par

Would we have the budget for a CEO? Gary Holt has just been chased out of Falkirk in his role as DOF. 

League one is a lot harder league than the last time we were in it.

Relegation would be an absolute disaster but has been in the pipeline for a few seasons through poor decisions at boardroom level.

Edited by rosythpar

16 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Would the club still build the new training facility…. Would it keep the pro youth training academy?

These are major steps to get the club going forward but relegation into the seaside league could see us there for a few seasons… At least a fife derby against Kelty and games against our six finger friends will probably generate money but looking at our position now it’s depressing.

I think it would strengthen the case for the training facility. Provincial clubs like us have to start producing our own - it's the only way forward.

I think one year staying full time then a decision after that, should we not get back up? Would pretty much depend on how much money our German owners would be prepared to put in to keep us full time.

Part time need not be the end of the world - look at Arbroath. They get the pick of the part time players

I shudder to think. What really upsets me is the huge amounts of money that have been put into the club over the last  7/8 years to manage the Adinistration process and then to come out of it.  I know some individuals have put enormous sums in and ordinary fans have contributed hundreds if not thousands of pounds over the period. When I see how hard Marv and her team have worked over the years , all the volunteers who give up their time and we are delivering this garbage on the pitch.

After our opening game against Partick I said to my mate that the teams looked to be a league apart not thinking for a moment that we would still be as poor 6 months later.

I certainly think we will struggle in League 1 with this squad and of course costs would have to be cut.       

• Upvote 2

Training academy will go ahead I'm sure, even if we do get relegated. They're committed to it. 

Regarding relegation, an utterly depressing thought, especially given our progress as a club has definitely stalled over the last couple of seasons. Personally I mainly attribute it directly to the managerial choices (and also Covid-19 f*cking up the regular drumbeat of Scottish football). Whoever eventually replaces John Hughes needs to be an inspired choice, a real proffessional with real fresh initiatives. But where do you find these guys?, especially at our level. Given that's an unlikely scenario, go out and get Dick Campbell if we're relegated. Stuff all the baloney at the club regarding some of our board not even entertaining the idea. It's unfinished business for Dick. Maybe it's both our destiny's. 

Just now, Piracy said:

Training academy will go ahead I'm sure, even if we do get relegated. They're committed to it. 

Regarding relegation, an utterly depressing thought, especially given our progress as a club has definitely stalled over the last couple of seasons. Personally I mainly attribute it directly to the managerial choices (and also Covid-19 f*cking up the regular drumbeat of Scottish football). Whoever eventually replaces John Hughes needs to be an inspired choice, a real proffessional with real fresh initiatives. But where do you find these guys?, especially at our level. Given that's an unlikely scenario, go out and get Dick Campbell if we're relegated. Stuff all the baloney at the club regarding dome of our board not even entertaining the idea. It's unfinished business for Dick. Maybe it's both our destiny's. 

I stay next to the civil service ground and work has started on the building already and work on the training pitches to start this month if all goes to plan.

I think Dick is happy enough at Arbroath but pink is eyeing up one last big job for them. Dick has said previously he would only go to two full time clubs,one being us. Arbroath could be in top flight football next season and we could be in the third tier. 

• Upvote 1

Its difficult enough to see a thread like this on EEB, but the reality is such that we are real contenders. Even if we manage a play off place you can't guarantee you would win it. I absolute shudder if it was to Falkirk and we were sent down by that manky mob. 

This club however needs a complete rebuild on and off the park - its an absolute mess. By the remote chance we do stay up I fear that little will change and we will continue to stutter along and struggle. Relegation may just give us an opportunity to clear out the deadwood and rebuild. However it grinds my gears to even contemplate it. 

• Upvote 1

I reckon Hughes must've ripped into them after the last few results. I'd imagine the Germans on the board, surely want some return on their investment. We need to pick up quickly and win some games. PG type draws are useless now. A Falkirk scenario looking like a reality. Remember they just missed out on a top flight berth, then disintegrated. Yogi deserves a lot more time, as he only been in the job a few months. We've missed a chance with big Dick imo, although could he get more out of the underachieving players?

3 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I reckon Hughes must've ripped into them after the last few results. I'd imagine the Germans on the board, surely want some return on their investment. We need to pick up quickly and win some games. PG type draws are useless now. A Falkirk scenario looking like a reality. Remember they just missed out on a top flight berth, then disintegrated. Yogi deserves a lot more time, as he only been in the job a few months. We've missed a chance with big Dick imo, although could he get more out of the underachieving players?

The issue for me is that we don’t even look fit. Every time I’ve seen us against Arbroath they are fitter, quicker than us. Wtf are we actually doing at training? Apparently they are brilliant at training though lol