John Potter

rosythpar

24 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Christ good luck to them if they appoint him as manager

He will have gained a lot of experience working under Ross at Sunderland and Hibs,both clubs I think pushed the sack button on them too early. 

As Boston says he was in charge of a complete mess. He is well thought of in Scottish football.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

John Potter still helping out on an interim basis at the moment but Queens Park have launched an ambitious attempt to try and get Jack Ross to be the new manager.

Not that impossible given both JR and JP are currently unemployed. Of course they may have ££££s in the bank, following pay offs from Hibs and Sunderland, so they may prefer to wait until a bigger club comes along, but a bird in the hand.....

I know JP quite well. He eats and sleeps football, so he'll rather be involved with a club - any club - than sitting at home. As others have pointed out, he inherited a poor squad from JJ at EEP. The players he was able to bring in, in the January window, were no better than those he had. No doubt he made mistakes, but he's smart enough to have learned from these and the experience he's gained in working with JR will stand him in good stead, should he want to give management another go. Queens Park are an ambitious club, now they've shaken of the shackles of being the only amateur club in the SPFL,  and would be ideal to relaunch his career. I wish him well. He's an excellent coach and a great human being.

• Upvote 4

On 10/01/2022 at 22:00, rosythpar said:

He will have gained a lot of experience working under Ross at Sunderland and Hibs,both clubs I think pushed the sack button on them too early. 

As Boston says he was in charge of a complete mess. He is well thought of in Scottish football.

I don't agree that he was in charge of a mess. He took over just after we fell 5 points behind the leaders, Forfar. Now, that's obviously not ideal, but we were still doing ok and with plenty time to pull it back over the season. We had led or been in among the leaders for the whole season up to that point. We were also only a single point behind Morton who went on to win the league that season. P15 W8 D3 L4

As soon as JP was in charge, results took a sharp downward turn compared to Jefferies - I'm not having a go at Potter here, he's a nice guy, but he did demonstrably worse than Jefferies with the same players. P21 W5 D6 L10

I still think the board were ridiculously premature in sacking Jefferies, both for on the pitch reasons and because of the leadership and support for fans he had shown through the Masterton crisis years (years which, despite our early push for promotion that season we were still recovering from as a club).

• Upvote 1