Efe Ambrose

rosythpar

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Interesting to see how this plays out. I hope he comes in. Good players can read a game and save their legs unnecessary work.

The big question will be his match fitness and if he can keep injury free and last till the end of the season. I would rather have kept big Vytas and gave him a run in the team he deserved. This changing centre backs every five minutes is no good. Welcome back GG you have been quiet the last few weeks.

9 hours ago, rosythpar said:

The big question will be his match fitness and if he can keep injury free and last till the end of the season. I would rather have kept big Vytas and gave him a run in the team he deserved. This changing centre backs every five minutes is no good. Welcome back GG you have been quiet the last few weeks.

Cheers, RP. I've been over in Italy, visiting elderly relatives, so I took a break from the normal routines. 🙂

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Think they are waiting just to make sure Connolly does sign for Dundalk, which looks 99.9% done deal after he returns to Tannadice today.

Aye, reading his interview on club website too it sounds like he wants to stay but family matters come first, which is understandable. Will be a huge miss for us 

• Upvote 1

A 33 year old brute of a boy who in his career has beat Barcelona, won the African cup of nations, and has played in a World Cup?  Why would we not want him if there was a chance of getting him in? 😂

I heard all the “legs gone” stuff about Berra for Rovers too, doesn’t seem to have done them much harm and hes 36.  

Get him signed rapid.  Would be a tremendous player at this level even with his advancing years.  

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

A 33 year old brute of a boy who in his career has beat Barcelona, won the African cup of nations, and has played in a World Cup?  Why would we not want him if there was a chance of getting him in? 😂

I heard all the “legs gone” stuff about Berra for Rovers too, doesn’t seem to have done them much harm and hes 36.  

Get him signed rapid.  Would be a tremendous player at this level even with his advancing years.  

Ambrose has had a good career and would bring a wealth of experience and quality but wouldn't be any use if he cant play near enough every game from now till the end of the season.

I would imagine Yogi will have him in for a couple of training sessions before offering him a deal to see what his fitness is like.

Dorrans had a good career but hasn't been a standout for us so far,I still think it was a crazy decision to give him a 2 year deal. We need to do proper research this time in our recruitment.