Efe Ambrose

rosythpar

25 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

If he isn't interested move on to the next one. 

It might not be him specifically, it could be St Johnstone themselves given their own situation. This is the problem at the moment. We're having to wait and see what other clubs are doing and we are back of the queue.  

We're also nobodies first choice given our position, as the best they could hope for if they're playing for a new contract is another season in the Championship with us if we offer them a deal. Premier players aren't going to want to do that. That means any player from the premier league will be a loan youngster and experienced players will be guys the wrong side of 30 who can still do a job at this level, like Ambrose, or players from other teams in this division.

• Like 1

There have been trialists, there have been targets on the radar but John Hughes had no new faces to reveal to the media today. He said:-

“We’ve had a few disappointments but we’re spinning the plates all over the place. You think you’re just about there on one or two and then it doesn’t happen but I would like to think that we might have at least one in the squad for Saturday’s match.”

it’s always the same pish. Like a broken record. Spinning plates nearly there on one or two have one in by Saturday. It’s boring now, I’d have Crawford back in a heartbeat. 

The board have set this club back at least 2-3 with the decisions they have made this year.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

There have been trialists, there have been targets on the radar but John Hughes had no new faces to reveal to the media today. He said:-

“We’ve had a few disappointments but we’re spinning the plates all over the place. You think you’re just about there on one or two and then it doesn’t happen but I would like to think that we might have at least one in the squad for Saturday’s match.”

it’s always the same pish. Like a broken record. Spinning plates nearly there on one or two have one in by Saturday. It’s boring now, I’d have Crawford back in a heartbeat. 

The board have set this club back at least 2-3 with the decisions they have made this year.

I refer you to the second paragraph of my previous post. 

21 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Dorrans played 23 times for Western Sydney Wanderers in the A-League - out of a total of 26 league games.  

He had 430 appearances in his career, with the vast majority at a higher level then the one we play at, and 12 caps for Scotland.  What more research should the club have done?

"How did he do at this level with Dundee" 

21 hours ago, Digs said:

Dorrans has been a good signing for us, and anyone who says that he has been poor really hasn't got a clue what they're watching to be honest.

We're literally bottom of the league, with centre midfield being our biggest problem. Dorrans will likely be one of our highest earners, I struggle to see how he can be classed as a good signing tbh. 

""How did he do at this level with Dundee" 

I think he did alright.  There seems to be some sort of narrative that Dundee were awful when he was there last season and then started their push towards promotion the second he left for Sydney.  He actually only played 3 league games - a defeat to Hearts, a draw against Raith and a win against Morton - and then left early November.  

Their promotion push actually coincided with them dropping Hamilton and putting Legdzins in nets, which happened in March.

We seem to be doing a lot of releasing, leaving and loaning out with very little coming in.

Thats not spinning plates that is winging it unless you have certainties in place to replace what has left.

But as digs has said we are not as an attractive option as the 20+ teams above us in the leagues, so we are feeding on scraps.

34 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Yogi is telling us he's trying to get players in and of sufficient quality obviously. Personally I've no reason to doubt what he's saying and I'm sure they'll arrive, no point in losing patience. 

I think we’ll need to let teams get whoever they want in first before they are ready to let players go out on loan etc, think we’ll be busier in the last few days of the window 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

We're literally bottom of the league, with centre midfield being our biggest problem. Dorrans will likely be one of our highest earners, I struggle to see how he can be classed as a good signing tbh. 

Dorrans is the highest paid player in the championship and got a very good signing on fee.

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

""How did he do at this level with Dundee" 

I think he did alright.  There seems to be some sort of narrative that Dundee were awful when he was there last season and then started their push towards promotion the second he left for Sydney.  He actually only played 3 league games - a defeat to Hearts, a draw against Raith and a win against Morton - and then left early November.  

Their promotion push actually coincided with them dropping Hamilton and putting Legdzins in nets, which happened in March.

At best he done OK, realistically Dundee were pretty happy for him to go so they could reinvest those wages. 

To give him a two year deal of the back of that, is baffling tbh. He's been a poor signing relative to how much he'll be getting paid. 

2 hours ago, SRBpar said:

I have to agree with this point, the appointment of Peter Grant and the poor recruitment in the summer will set the club back a good few years probably.

If we do go down we will find it difficult to come straight back up, it took us three attempts last time and league one teams are better quality now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Centre midfield is not our biggest problem and that is my point that I made further on in my post. Anyone looking at it like that is looking far too one-dimensionally. A centre midfielder can only create with movement and bodies in front him, expecially at this level. Our complete lask of pace and tempo and the ability to link up and keep the ball beyond the midfield is our biggest issue, as was pointed out in both Saturday's game, and the game at East end where we beat Inverness. Both of those games we displayed the things I mention above that have been missing. Neither of those things are entirely down to our midfield.