Paul Allan

rosythpar

We need to continue to develop youth so in that respect its a positive move by the club. If we are looking to develop an Academy with the training facility we will be more attractive to players if there are opportunities to get in the squad with chances to play. There is talent in Allan but this isn't the best platform atm. However time will tell if he comes good, hopefully he will. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Raymie said:

They also got new deals 2 years ago. Now that is crystal ball stuff.

And they haven’t progressed at all? They wouldn’t even get a game for Kelty the now, not what we need. I’m only saying my opinion and I just don’t think they are good enough for this level 

I'm pretty certain that if the team had been up the other end and these young lads had been playing the odd game here and there, learning their trade, that not as much would have been made of this?

Is it not good business sense to have one eye on next year, where we may well be in league one and only able to offer £500 a week? Who are we going to get for that kind of money?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I'm pretty certain that if the team had been up the other end and these young lads had been playing the odd game here and there, learning their trade, that not as much would have been made of this?

Is it not good business sense to have one eye on next year, where we may well be in league one and only able to offer £500 a week? Who are we going to get for that kind of money?

But the fact remains they aren’t good enough? Regardless of what league we are in, do we just sign anyone now on the basis that we might not get anything better?

KP - they are still young. Are players not deemed to be at their peak at 28?

They may well not develop any more and I would imagine, if that happened they would not get another deal, but whilst they still have the potential to improve, why would you not take that low risk chance?

For balance, I don't think Todd will be good enough, based on what I've seen? He doesn't have the same skill set or nous as the other two. Again, the club may be willing to give him more time to show what he can do?

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

KP - they are still young. Are players not deemed to be at their peak at 28?

They may well not develop any more and I would imagine, if that happened they would not get another deal, but whilst they still have the potential to improve, why would you not take that low risk chance?

For balance, I don't think Todd will be good enough, based on what I've seen? He doesn't have the same skill set or nous as the other two. Again, the club may be willing to give him more time to show what he can do?

So how can you say Todd won’t be good enough and he’s younger than the other 2? But complaining about me saying about Allan and McCann . Tbh, I don’t think 3 of them are good enough for us, and highlights how poor the summer window was that we are now having to rely on them. Look at Morton’s first goal Saturday, instead of trying to block the shot or make any effort, Allan and another player just watch it instead. Basic stuff

Trying not to be too downbeat about it but agree with Kelty.

Allan and Todd I just can’t see ever being considered good enough to play for us, unless we are relegated and even then I’d be hoping they were backups.

McCann is a funny one, I wouldn’t have him up top on his own but I would like to hang onto him as he has potential, whether we can unlock it we’ll see.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

So how can you say Todd won’t be good enough and he’s younger than the other 2? But complaining about me saying about Allan and McCann . Tbh, I don’t think 3 of them are good enough for us, and highlights how poor the summer window was that we are now having to rely on them. Look at Morton’s first goal Saturday, instead of trying to block the shot or make any effort, Allan and another player just watch it instead. Basic stuff

I just don't see the same potential in him as the other two. Just my football instincts. 

"Look at Morton’s first goal Saturday, instead of trying to block the shot or make any effort, Allan and another player just watch it instead. Basic stuff"

Basic stuff or naivety? Who was the other player, BTW?

Edited by Raymie