Paul Allan

rosythpar

4 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I just don't see the same potential in him as the other two. Just my football instincts. 

"Look at Morton’s first goal Saturday, instead of trying to block the shot or make any effort, Allan and another player just watch it instead. Basic stuff"

Basic stuff or naivety? Who was the other player, BTW?

Sorry I thought Donaldson was closer to the ball than that. Just watch it back, it’s the basics you get told when your a kid to block shots. It’s absolutely pathetic from a professional footballer. If we don’t get centre mids in by the end of the window then can’t see us turning it round 

5 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Sorry I thought Donaldson was closer to the ball than that. Just watch it back, it’s the basics you get told when your a kid to block shots. It’s absolutely pathetic from a professional footballer. If we don’t get centre mids in by the end of the window then can’t see us turning it round 

I agree with you that currently we need better, more experienced midfielders to get us out of this mess. It's unfair to put so much of the burden on young lads like McCann, Allan and Todd, who have hardly played first team football, never mind been in a relegation battle. That's not to say, we shouldn't be looking to the future and investing some more time in them

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I agree with you that currently we need better, more experienced midfielders to get us out of this mess. It's unfair to put so much of the burden on young lads like McCann, Allan and Todd, who have hardly played first team football, never mind been in a relegation battle. That's not to say, we shouldn't be looking to the future and investing some more time in them

Fully agree Raymie, There have been plenty of youth players abused from the terrace by those who think they know better but strangely have gone on to play consistently at a much higher level. I would rather have seen McCann, Todd and Allan out on loan this season but the squad is an utter mess atm and they are being played more than they should and being asked to a job they are not quite ready for. 

Todd looked like he had loads of potential when he broke through, there was a fearlessness in his play and I liked him. 

He didn't play for a couple of years though and he seemed to have really regressed.

Allan looks neat and tidy on the ball, it's not helping him that our midfield is so horrific that there's no balance to it whoever we play, once you factor in that we're structured so defensively then it becomes a nightmare situation for any centre midfielder. 

Our best performance of the season against Ayr we had Thomas, and to a degree Dow providing width, when you've got that the opposition need to react and can't just bottle up the middle which is what we're repeatedly seing at the moment. A bit more space about the park, some players for the opposition to worry about and everything looked a whole lot more rosey. The central midfield is a problem, but it's really not being helped by the same Yogi is setting up the team. 

Edited by Grant

18 minutes ago, Grant said:

Our best performance of the season against Ayr we had Thomas, and to a degree Dow providing width, when you've got that the opposition need to react and can't just bottle up the middle which is what we're repeatedly seing at the moment. A bit more space about the park, some players for the opposition to worry about and everything looked a whole lot more rosey. The central midfield is a problem, but it's really not being helped by the same Yogi is setting up the team. 

Agree with this - and that's one reason I'd like to see Kyle MacDonald getting more game time, especially in Thomas's absence. The lad was going well early on this season and his crossing (at least at the time) seemed excellent.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

Congratulations to Paul, I understand he’s a local lad and a Pars fan. I think there’s a player in there but he’s no the finished product and probably not ready to play every week in the Championship. With some more time and with better players around him he will hopefully develop into a real asset.

Comes from Comrie. His dad is a Pars fan. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Some absolute dung being spouted the on Paul Allan thread on dot net.

being a young laddie, I’d be amazed if he didn’t read the thread. 

he must feel awful ?

Well it won't happen here. Unfair, unwarranted or bullying type posts aren't necessary, which I'm sure most will agree with. Poor behaviour. 

• Upvote 3