Leigh Griffiths

Piracy

How can he not be fit?

How long has he been at Dundee?

I think he is a confidence player and if he gets the confidence and the service then he will score goals for fun in this league.

He has to be worth a 6 month deal to try and rebuild his career, after that it's up to him.

If he shows no desire then you know his coupon is bust. If he keeps us in the league and he doesn't want to extend his stay then what have we lost apart from no relegation.

Edited by Rengade Master

I just put it out there for discussion.

He obviously has a real natural talent but his character is obviously suspect given his well documented personal troubles. He'd certainly be high maintenance. Personally if he were fit just now I'd take him. He'd score regularly. However apparently he's ballooned in weight, so it wouldn't happen. 

If Dundee were paying all his wages I'd say yes but on the condition that he's punted at the first sign of trouble.  Somebody mentioned earlier that Yogi got the best out of Anthony Stokes, so I'd rather take Jason Cummings if that was possible.  There appears to be no doubts about his fitness and he could be the perfect little to McCann's large.

44 minutes ago, SoorPloomPar said:

If Dundee were paying all his wages I'd say yes but on the condition that he's punted at the first sign of trouble.  Somebody mentioned earlier that Yogi got the best out of Anthony Stokes, so I'd rather take Jason Cummings if that was possible.  There appears to be no doubts about his fitness and he could be the perfect little to McCann's large.

I don't think Dundee have signed Griffiths he is only on loan to the end of the month from Celtic.

I think from what I have read that Celtic are tearing up his contract at the end of the month (some clause in his 1 year contract he signed in the summer to stay at Celtic) Dundee will then have the option to sign him permanently or Griffiths becomes a free agent.

15 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

I don't think Dundee have signed Griffiths he is only on loan to the end of the month from Celtic.

I think from what I have read that Celtic are tearing up his contract at the end of the month (some clause in his 1 year contract he signed in the summer to stay at Celtic) Dundee will then have the option to sign him permanently or Griffiths becomes a free agent.

I'd completely forgotten that he's still Celtic's player RM, thanks for correcting me.

• 3 weeks later...