Pars v QoS

Superally

I’ll admit to slight disappointment after last Sat that we didn’t manage to take all 3pts against ICT. However we now find ourselves facing QoS in a similar position to our recent game against Morton a few weeks ago. I called that game a 6 pointer and we were spanked for 5! This game is another 6 pointer and I hope on this occasion that we are the team on top at 5pm on Sat. Playing at Palmerston QoS have the home advantage with two teams that are only separated by the width of a fag paper. QoS have 18pts and are a point behind the Pars in 9th place. Recent form is identical with both teams taking 5pts from their last 5 games however the Pars are unbeaten in their last two. In games played QoS hold a slight edge with a 1-0 away win at the worst game I have ever seen the Pars play this season.  This was followed by a 3-3 draw at EEP with Kennedy scoring and having two assists and further goals by Connolly and a last gasp equaliser from McCann. Yogi is trying to have a shuffle of the pack and attempting to add some more signings. However, it has been good to see Lawless playing to his potential and Donaldson fitting in well. New signing Chalmers may feature at some stage but all Pars players will surely take some confidence from the second half performance last week. If we are to have any chance of progressing we simply have to take points from the teams around us. I’m going to stick my neck out and go for a Pars 2-1 win. COYP

Honestly, the games at Palmerston are usually awful, and for whatever reason that along with Gayfield seems to attract some honking conditions. 

Draw isn't the worst, can't lose.

It is however a great day out, Dumfries is a lovely toon. 

Edited by Grant

It would be good to see if the wee team could do us a favour tonight against Morton. Hopeful of a Rovers win but I wonder if Morton will catch them out. I don't see a lot of goals in the Rovers team atm and their form over the past few games has been dire picking up 2pts in their last 5. However, Morton are a team we need to catch so a Rovers win will do for me any way it comes. 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

It would be good to see if the wee team could do us a favour tonight against Morton. Hopeful of a Rovers win but I wonder if Morton will catch them out. I don't see a lot of goals in the Rovers team atm and their form over the past few games has been dire picking up 2pts in their last 5. However, Morton are a team we need to catch so a Rovers win will do for me any way it comes. 

Going ok with 5 minutes to go. Rovers leading 2-1 having gone 1 down...

...and as I type that, it's 2-2. FFS.