David Goodwillie

rosythpar

Just now, Al k said:

Truly baffling given the response when it had been rumoured a few weeks ago, add to that what appears to have been a fee paid and on a 2 and a half year contact for someone in their mid 30's. 

No rights in any of this, a lot of fans quite rightly in uproar im not sure Rovers can really afford any of this PR wise or the costs keeping or getting rid. A lot of damage done with this. 

Apparently he will be the highest earner at the club on 1k a week,wonder what the other players at the club are thinking?

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I was under the (unfortunate) impression Sinclair was a Pars fan? Hopefully I’m wrong. 

Maybe grew up as one? but he gave us the GIUY fist pump on the pitch when announced before a derby.

think it went

"Born in Dunfermline, grew up in Dunfermline, Played for Dunfermline but a Rovers legend David Sinclair" - He turned to us and gestured, I laughed tbf.

11 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Maybe grew up as one? but he gave us the GIUY fist pump on the pitch when announced before a derby.

think it went

"Born in Dunfermline, grew up in Dunfermline, Played for Dunfermline but a Rovers legend David Sinclair" - He turned to us and gestured, I laughed tbf.

You must be older than me. Before my time. 

I’m assuming their game isn’t on the telly tonight?

Raith are now in a position where I can’t see anything but a collapse, wouldn’t surprise me if QOTS pick up the points tonight which isn’t ideal for us selfishly.

There is literally no coming back from this with the current board, they’ve been considering signing him for months, and have decided to ignore all the concerns and bash it through and even pay a fee to Clyde and make him the biggest earner in the squad, if they were wanting to miff off absolutely everyone at the club, they’ve done a bloody superb job and nailed it.

Their community values have gone in the bin for a Hail Mary at getting into the Premier League next season. 

They can scrap his contract but horse has bolted, the alternative is to ride the wave and hope this dies down.

Either way they are absolutely screwed.

• Upvote 1

They're not mathematically safe from relegation yet, are they?

It wouldn't be the first time they went into free fall in this league. I feel sorry for the genuine Rovers fans. As Berry says, they've been well and truly shafted by the manager and 4 directors who have completely misjudged their mood and reaction to this.

Here's their statement below:

As announced on our website last night, Raith Rovers FC can confirm that we have signed David Goodwillie from Clyde FC.

David is a proven goal scorer, and this will be his second stint with the club, having previously played for us on loan from Dundee United during season 2007-08.

As with all new signings, the club has carefully considered our position as a Community Club and we completely respect the differing views among fans and stakeholders, many of whom we have spoken to directly in the past 24 hours and are continuing to engage with.

As David has previously played for Raith Rovers earlier in his career, we consider him to be part of the Raith Rovers Football Club. The management team is familiar with David’s career and background and – in particular – his footballing ability. That is our foremost consideration, and we believe that he will strengthen the Raith Rovers playing squad.

Please be assured that as a community football club we fully acknowledge this signing has divided opinion amongst our loyal fans and commercial stakeholders; we aim to rebuild that trust.

While acknowledging the gravity of what happened ten years ago, as a club we fully support and encourage rehabilitation, and many factors influenced our signing. But first and foremost, this was a football related decision.

27 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Please be assured that as a community football club we fully acknowledge this signing has divided opinion amongst our loyal fans and commercial stakeholders; we aim to rebuild that trust.

So after careful consideration and listening to all view points and reading what Goodwillie and Robertson subjected the Lassie to we have cancelled his contract with immediate effect, - or something similar would do  😞

Edited by 1950Par
spelling
  • Upvote 1