David Goodwillie

rosythpar

7 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

Maybe grew up as one? but he gave us the GIUY fist pump on the pitch when announced before a derby.

think it went

"Born in Dunfermline, grew up in Dunfermline, Played for Dunfermline but a Rovers legend David Sinclair" - He turned to us and gestured, I laughed tbf.

Remember that.  Pretty sure Rovers were 1-0 up when he did it and we beat them 2-1, think it was the Craig Wilson og game. 

5 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Expensive signing with expensive consequences. They're not getting promotion this season either.

For a club that has put themselves in a decent position over the last couple years, what a bizarre act of self harm.

No, they'll be nowhere near the play offs. Just as well they're almost safe from relegation, otherwise they'd be a good bet to repeat THAT season when Yogi was brought in to try and stop the slide.

Public opinion is massively against the club, they've seriously ****ed off the vast majority of their fans and lost their main sponsor. I think McGlynn will resign, along with the 4 remaining directors in the coming days and Goodwillie will never kick a ball in anger at Starks Park. 

17 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I was under the (unfortunate) impression Sinclair was a Pars fan? Hopefully I’m wrong. 

I thought he was a Celtic fan growing up(?) I'd be surprised if he was a Pars fan given some of the comments I've seen him make online. 

3 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Interesting thread this. Seems like rovers are ****ed

Is that inclusive of the pitch they put in? or was that the previous years figures? 

Also they had to put a good outlay on the now infamous floodlights, i suspect that would appear on next years figures. 

I believe the finances at rovers are a bit all over the place, running through a various companies.  Unless things have changed significantly over the last few years once you work your way through that it boils down to them being totally reliant on John Sim.   Sim owns starks park and I believe the majority of the 'friends of the club'  debt is basically him not charging rovers for the rent that is due to him. 

Many will be unhappy with the situation,  but you can almost guarantee he has approved this.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1