David Goodwillie

rosythpar

On a purely business front, if I'm on a board of directors which has made a decision 3 days ago that has cost the company 10/15% of the club's annual turnover instantly (with absolutely no benefit to the business), then I'd like to think I'd resign as a matter of principle. 

Furthermore, the decision has tarnished the business so much that it has not only lost sponsorship but will mean that it struggles to attain different sponsorship in the foreseeable future - thus harming future turnover.  I can't see how their board can decide that they are fit to stay in place.

That's not even factoring in the morality of the decision.

• Upvote 8

Just now, DougieDave said:

I heard a fan on Radio Scotland yesterday criticise Val Macdaimids stance on this issue - his argument ? “She writes books where there are bad words, violence, women getting battered and murdered - she has got double standards”

you honestly couldn’t make this **** up …….

Believe this is what you’re referring to. Absolutely bizarre 

851C7D70-E798-484F-B3B7-02D9CE2E85AE.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Believe this is what you’re referring to. Absolutely bizarre 

851C7D70-E798-484F-B3B7-02D9CE2E85AE.jpeg

It must have been the same idiot - it was bad enough doing it online but to actually phone in and voice it on national radio is staggering - Kaye Adams was utterly speechless ( and that takes some doing ) 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Paul Paton has his say 

Screenshot_20220203_162709_com.android.chrome.jpg

That's quite the take. Old wounds for all involved and implying this will affect his mental health? He's not the victim here. 

I've always argued against the stereotype of fitba players being thick but it makes it difficult when they come away with nonsense like that.

• Upvote 2

I'm not on Pie & Bovril much anymore, but it has been interesting over the last couple of days.  90% of it generally encouraging - many decent Rovers' fans dismayed by all of this and now unsure what they should do now due to the climb down that they've caused, and lots fans of other clubs supporting them and their stance.  Of the other 10%, some trying to point score, some who should have any devices that can connect to the internet confiscated and thoroughly checked.

I wonder if Benedictus has been hung out to dry by putting forward a statement of support  from the dressing room only for the club to backtrack a couple of hours later. It shows the intent from the BoD was to continue regardless and to ride out the storm. The Board and McGlynn knew exactly what they were doing and badly underestimated the reaction and probably the cost. The damage has been done and they should be accountable for the mess they have made despite the warnings they were given