Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

After being unbeaten in three the Pars head west to Somerset Park to play the Honest Men now managed by former Par Lee Bullen. Last week’s decisive win against QoS was literally the classic six pointer raising the Pars to 7th in the table. However the table is so tight at the bottom its easy to argue that Saturdays game against Ayr Utd is also a 6 pointer. In terms of form there is not much to separate the sides with Ayr taking 7 points in their last 5 games and the Pars edging slightly ahead being unbeaten in the last three and taking 8pts over the same period and seeking to continue with some momentum. Thus far it has been honours even with a win each the Pars losing out in their last visit 1-3 but winning the return at EEP 3-0 with a McCann double and one from Dow. The team at last appears to have a shape about them and Yogi appears to have recruited well over the transfer window. There is a possibility of a debut for goal keeper Jakub Stolarczyk and a possible return for Don Thomas. I don’t think Pars can be over confident but this is a game we are capable of winning and once again consolidating our position. Confidence is returning and I feel at last we are a different proposition to the team managed by Peter Grant. It will be close, but I think the Pars can take the 3pts with a 2-1 win. COYP

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 1950Par said:

The penny has dropped, - the team now look like they know what they are doing, - I can see further improvement as we progress, - and will go for a 2-0 for the Pars 

Hope so. Confidence should certainly be higher than recently. Whether the improvement is a real one is hard to judge after beating QoS, but we certainly looked a lot more capable in the ball on the highlights, so fingers crossed that continues.

2-1 Pars

The improvement is real.  Our best performances of the season have been since Grant left and, specifically, the QoS game last Saturday and the last Ayr game.

Whether or not the corner has properly turned or not, I don't know.  I figured we'd go on a good run after the Ayr game as we looked miles ahead of them, only to see us lose to a Hamilton side devoid of confidence and then ship 8 goals to Morton and Arbroath shortly after.  Similarly, it looked like top vs bottom for the first half on Saturday but we could really do with backing it up.    

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

only to see us lose to a Hamilton side devoid of confidence and then ship 8 goals to Morton and Arbroath shortly after

Yeah, this is what I'm concerned about, can we string results together and properly stem the bleeding? 

So far we're 3 unbeaten, which is clearly better than before - but it's less than a month since we were annihilated by Morton, so I'm hesitant to say yet that we've definitely improved, at least in a meaningful way. With Killie, Partick and Killie again to come this month, I think we'll know a lot more then.

That said, I do think we'll win at Ayr 🙂