Killie v Pars

Superally

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Yes, it's always doubly disappointing to lose a game after going ahead. I can't agree about the penalty miss being all that important, because we did score first anyway and the fact that it was Lawless who netted, after failing from the spot, was a bonus. It's too simplistic to think if he had scored the pen, we would have gone on to be 2-0 up.

More likely we'd have retreated into defence even earlier. 🙁

Actually GG, I'm more disappointed that we didn't show more resilience. We backed off seeking to protect a slender lead the momentum we had dissipated and there was a inevitability they would go on to score. Once we conceded Killie could smell the blood. We took more bookings - so that is a positive sign there is fight in the team. It reminded me of the game against Arbroath, going 2 up and then being turned over 4-2. Yep I agree that had we scored the Pen we probably would become defensive earlier. ☹️      

55 minutes ago, Superally said:

Actually GG, I'm more disappointed that we didn't show more resilience. We backed off seeking to protect a slender lead the momentum we had dissipated and there was a inevitability they would go on to score. Once we conceded Killie could smell the blood. We took more bookings - so that is a positive sign there is fight in the team. It reminded me of the game against Arbroath, going 2 up and then being turned over 4-2. Yep I agree that had we scored the Pen we probably would become defensive earlier. ☹️      

Wouldn’t say the increased bookings was a mark of anything other than some gross stupidity from either the players or referee Craig Napier who yet again had a stinker.

I think going forward we do have to be united behind the team, we have the players we have and will have to make do. What I do see is better chunks of football and the Morton game aside we have improved under Yogi. I don’t feel the young lad upfront is working, he doesn’t have the experience to carry that off alone. Hopefully we get by this year and he can get a bit time out on loan to build on this or alternatively we reshuffle the team to give him a partner up top. Hopefully we have a decent home crowd on Friday (pity it’s on the bloody telly) as the support has been fantastic in recent weeks and it must lift the team hearing that.

Edited by Boston Red Sox
  • Upvote 2