The Pars v The Jags

Superally

Well Friday night welcomes both Partick Thistle and a blizzard to EEP according to the weather forecast. If you don’t fancy braving the conditions It’s on the council telly. Partick despite losing out in the cup last weekend are in decent league form unbeaten in 5 with two wins and three draws. They sit 5th in the table just outside the top 4 but have games in hand partly due to the ploughed field at Firhill atm. No doubting they are a decent team being one of the top scorers (37) and benefiting from a mean defence (22). The Pars having home advantage gave up a 4 game undefeated run to Killie but with two wins and two draws and a loss over the same 5 game period our form is not as bad as we may think. However scoring goals and continuing to concede is still a major problem for the Pars who will probably continue to look over their shoulder at results elsewhere. Two games in against the Jags, the Pars have lost their previous encounter at EEP 0-3 but managed a 0-0 draw in their last game at Firhill. The Pars are in a wee series if tough fixtures atm and the importance gaining every possible point absolutely screams out especially as we head into the last quarter of games. Wins are usually evasive when we are on the telly, so I’ll go for another 1-1 draw. COYP

4 hours ago, Digs said:

I can't see any way this will be on. The forecast is sleet and then heavy snow, then sleet again pretty much all day tomorrow. My Mrs was in today getting the ovens and stuff sorted out for it and she said the pitch looked soaking as well. 

She sent me a couple of snapchats walking round the pitch. They were out mowing it, didn't look too bad from I could see but certainly heavy. The Sleet and snow will make the call I think.

As fans, most of us tend towards optimism, otherwise we'd probably not go if we thought we had no chance of avoiding defeat.The league table points to a win for Thistle, but football is nothing if not unpredictable - that's one reason we all love it.

Who would have predicted 2 away wins in the games involving Sellick and Sevco last night? On that basis, I'm sticking my neck out for a narrow Pars win, if the game's on. 1-0 or 2-1.