Vytas Gaspuitis

rosythpar

22 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Interview with him in the courier,couple of clubs interested in him and speaking to his agent. I think it was a mistake letting the big man go.

My understanding is that he asked to be released as he wasn't getting enough games and feared - quite reasonably - that it would harm his chances of featuring in future international games for Lithuania. Why he didn't start more regularly for the Pars only JH will know, but I'm not convinced by the "I need a left footer for left centre back" line. 

A more plausible reason might be that Vytas was not the most mobile of defenders and sometimes struggled to turn against nippy forwards. Still, a decent defender at our level, imo.

On 16/02/2022 at 08:19, rosythpar said:

Interview with him in the courier,couple of clubs interested in him and speaking to his agent. I think it was a mistake letting the big man go.

Said on here at the time it was a mistake, you had posters banging on about him being homesick and that's why Yogi wasn't playing him but it seems a mistake tbh. 

Vytas or Efe? I'd take Vytas cheers. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Grant said:

Said on here at the time it was a mistake, you had posters banging on about him being homesick and that's why Yogi wasn't playing him but it seems a mistake tbh. 

That was one of the reasons Yogi gave along with him having a preferred side, which I also think is nonsense. As soon as Yogi said that, I came across someone tagging him on instagram, so I clicked his profile. He'd been in Tenerife with his brother for a fortnight in December before he was released, so he was either told early doors he wasn't in anyone's plans or he'd been given permission to go to see his brother.

I never saw anything other maybe a wee bit lack of pace as to why he wasn't a regular starter. I can only think of one error he made, at Ayr I think (?) which is far less than some others who have had much more game time. 

I can't comment on Efe, as I've not seen him yet tbf.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Think he was homesick when he first joined but settled in when his family came over, he is in the courier saying he would he open to move back over here again.