Pars v Killie

Superally

We now head into the last quarter of fixtures and after Morton’s mid-week outing the Pars do really have to rely on results elsewhere and depend on getting results ourselves. The reality if we didn’t already know it - is that we now sit 6 points behind Ayr Utd in 8th place with an inferior goal difference and needing 2 wins to draw level but have only won 4 games all season. Our last outing against Killie was the classic “what if” - looking back at missing a penalty and failing to hold on to a slender lead and eventually capitulating at the end. The difference this time is that we play Killie at home. Killie seem to have struck some form earning 9pts from their last 5 games winning the last two, probably heavily influenced with the signing of Lafferty. Its not all doom and gloom from the Pars though we held together an unbeaten run of two wins and two draws over the last 5 games. It is clear that the Pars main issue is not being able to score enough relying on a young single striker under tremendous pressure is not an ideal situation. Other players have to simply step up and show initiative and take responsibility and Yogi needs to make a team more offensive if we are to take more than single points. We really need 3pts but logic tells me a draw is perhaps most likely. COYP

• Upvote 1

We have a game in hand against Ayr, but only if we take maximum points is it any good. I still reckon we need to win 5 or 6 games out of the remaining to stay up. Its imperative that we need to start showing we're up for the fight. I think we'll beat Killie on Saturday. 1 - 0 home win.

Edited by scottyboy
A draw is a defeat now
  • Upvote 1

There's been a recent trend in which some of the teams in the bottom half of this league have been beating those in the top half to inch themselves towards safety. Morton, Ayr and Hamilton most noticeably, which has made our progress look poor, but we have made some nevertheless. A win today against the joint league leaders is not impossible, as other teams have shown they're far from unbeatable, indeed we should have taken something from our last game against them on their own patch.

Agree with posters who say that draws are of little use at this stage of the season for a club in our position, so I hope Yogi's tactics from now on reflect that - win or bust. If we don't make any silly mistakes at the back, I think we can eke out a narrow win today. 1-0 will be just fine.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GG Riva said:

There's been a recent trend in which some of the teams in the bottom half of this league have been beating those in the top half to inch themselves towards safety. Morton, Ayr and Hamilton most noticeably, which has made our progress look poor, 

But our progress has been poor. In fact, were it not for the fact that under Grant we were somehow even worse, our form under Hughes would have fans calling for the manager's head. Yes, there's been a bit of an improvement in recent weeks, but I'm not convinced at all. 

Absolute must win today IMO.