Kyle Lafferty

GG Riva

How that Pee Arr Eye Sea Kay managed to avoid a couple of yellow cards today is completely baffling. Consistently remonstrating with the ref,  moaning about almost every decision that went against his team, a chase after Donaldson followed by a two handed push in the back and then some aggressive behaviour towards the same player, right under that feckless ref`s nose.

Does he merit special consideration because he once played for Rangers?

Lafferty has done the same his whole career. Pleasing to seem him hobble off.

On the Donaldson incident,  I felt his challenge was worth a yellow in itself, completely reckless when he had no chance of winning the ball,  understandably Donaldson was annoyed about it and gave him a bit of a nudge.  Lafferty then acted the f***y he is.    Discussion at the time was the ref would have taken the ****ebag stereotypical decision to book both players but chose a telling off for both as that would mean sending Donaldson off due to already giving him a completely laughable booking.

Annoys me that whenever there's a flare up between players refs don't use any judgement on who is the aggressor and treat both parties equally so long as nobody commits violent conduct.  

Edited by parsforlife

Donaldson could easily been a red for retaliation and the fact he wasn't carded was probably the only break we had from the ref. Lafferty is a complete roaster I cant abide him but he is the type of player I would love to have in a Pars shirt. There was plenty of Pars Fans who absolutely roasted Andy Smith and probably booed him coming onto the park on his first game, but he was a great player for us. I suppose its a matter of perspectives. I was probably more ****ed aff at Euan Murray than Lafferty and he was a former Par.  

6 hours ago, Superally said:

Donaldson could easily been a red for retaliation and the fact he wasn't carded was probably the only break we had from the ref. Lafferty is a complete roaster I cant abide him but he is the type of player I would love to have in a Pars shirt. There was plenty of Pars Fans who absolutely roasted Andy Smith and probably booed him coming onto the park on his first game, but he was a great player for us. I suppose its a matter of perspectives. I was probably more ****ed aff at Euan Murray than Lafferty and he was a former Par.  

Well Donaldson might have had a red card and since he was already on a ridiculous yellow, it's not exactly a quantum leap to suggest that Lafferty was trying to achieve exactly that. He himself should have been yellow carded at least once in the first half for the two handed push  on Donaldson on the touchline in front of the NW and for his repeated moaning at the ref. I can't imagine Pier Luigi Collina indulging him like the feckless Mr Duncan did, can you? I wasn't at the game at Rugby Park but from the highlights, he might have been red carded then, too.

9 hours ago, Superally said:

I meant to address the other point you made, S'Ally.  I'd love to see him in a Pars shirt almost as much as David Goodwillie. I don't think the comparison with Andy Smith is valid. We only hated him because he played for Airdrie. He was a rummelthemup centre forward whereas Lafferty is just a complete f@nny, who thinks he can do what he likes because he once played for Sevco.

13 hours ago, Superally said:

There was plenty of Pars Fans who absolutely roasted Andy Smith and probably booed him coming onto the park on his first game, but he was a great player for us.  

Funnily enough, Smithy was the guest in hospitality yesterday, and was talking about exactly that. Says breaking his leg was one of the best things that happened to him, as the fans got behind him after that! 🙂

• Upvote 1

You could always see Andy Smith was a handful when he played for Airdrie. He gave 100% every time we faced him. The thing most fans hated bout him, was his diving fir penalties,  which he got a few. He stopped doing it when he signed for us. He was a fantastic signing and goalscorer, especially in the air.

4 hours ago, scottyboy said:

You could always see Andy Smith was a handful when he played for Airdrie. He gave 100% every time we faced him. The thing most fans hated bout him, was his diving fir penalties,  which he got a few. He stopped doing it when he signed for us. He was a fantastic signing and goalscorer, especially in the air.

I think he actually got someone sent off  when he played for Airdrie and dived lol.

I thought DOnaldson was lucky not to receive a red for his action, but I can totally understand it. I think Lafferty was trying to claim he had been pushed into him by Ambrose but it was still dangerous and worth a booking on it's own. Harry Kane does this all the time and never gets pulled up for it, when it's downright dangerous.

On a slightly related note, I thought Donaldson had yet another good game and that is largely the reason why Lafferty was anonymous.