Arbroath v Pars

Superally

Well on Saturday the weather forecast is almost as important as the team sheet when we head up the east coast to Gayfield. Abroath are top of the league and in their past three outings against the Red Litchies we have been utterly spanked. They have scored 10 goals and we have managed only 2 in return funnily enough that was also at Gayfield where we took a 2-0 lead only to have our noses rubbed in it by Dick and his part timers! However the form guide is interesting. Arbroath are unbeaten in their last 6 games with their last 4 drawn. The Pars have had one defeat in their past 6 games and the form table suggests the difference between the two are marginal atm. Yogi has brought in new signing Ian Polworth a robust and combative player known to chip in with a few goals at former team ICT that may make a difference. A positive outing from the bench against Killie of Dom Thomas gives me some optimism. We are at a stage in the season we have to take care of business on our own. However, while can look at the results of other teams, if we don’t do it for ourselves then its pointless what other teams do. While Arbroath are the only team we haven’t taken a point from this season, I suspect we might head down the road with a point on this occasion. 1-1 for me. COYP

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Have a weird feeling we will win.  It’s my birthday on Saturday and I’m sure I have a pretty good record of the Pars winning on my birthday….

🙈

I have this strange feeling we may do it. Prob cursed it now....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Think this will be a tight game with few goals in it. Arbroath don't concede many and we don't score many. 1-0 Arbroath.

Think we will have a good travelling support with us,8 of us getting the 0920 train from Inverkeithing.

Taking a full minibus, braw 

The recent form for both sides is relatively similar, our keeper and back 4 look to be stronger than at any other time this season and Nouble, who caused us all sorts of bother earlier in the campaign, is no longer with them - and Wighton can't play against us.

So, there are reasons to be positive - which probably means 4-0 to Arbroath.