Arbroath v Pars

Superally

8 minutes ago, Grant said:

Nope, Donaldson done everything you'd expect a defender to do at the goal when trying to cover up a mistake, Edwards is actually almost as culpable as Ambrose, however the criticism for Edwards is that he doesn't react to a mistake, in Ambrose you have the guy that instigated it all. 

It's not an agenda, talk of luck is absolutely nonsense though. 

Think you need to watch the highlights again. They are both equally at fault, both of them are miles out of position 

7 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Think you need to watch the highlights again. They are both equally at fault, both of them are miles out of position 

No, they're really not. 

How you can proportion the same amount of blame to Donaldson, as you can Ambrose is baffling. 

52 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Watch from 1:05. Donaldson is number 5 btw and he gets dragged further out than Ambrose 

Well aware of who Donaldson is, he's the bloke marking the striker, Ambrose is the centre back, who for a throw in from the Arbroath half is 2 yards away from the right touchline and let's the ball drop over him, Donaldson then follows his man across (as you'd expect) and then eventually Edwards reacts far too late to the danger at the back post.

Are there any squad numbers you're needing help with? 

I'm going to take a different opinion here and say every member of the back four is culpable in some way. Firstly, the way they are set up to defend the throw is all wrong. Comrie should be where Ambrose is and he should be pulling Pybus in to be the front man. 

Ambrose as a centre back should not be where he is defending a throw in, and watching the highlights he got dragged wide quite a bit. Donaldson does the right thing to try and cover but for me, he should have stopped as soon as he saw Ambrose getting back and stayed in a position to 'mark the space' between Ambrose and Edwards, going across if the man then got by Ambrose but instead he ends up isolating them both. Edwards as has been said, is far too central. 

In short, we were all over the shop. 

Other than that though, we looked like we played well enough. On another day, at least one of those that hit the woodwork goes in but we can't afford hard luck stories now. We need goals, and points. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

at the game it Looked to me like we played a back 3.

Edwards Donaldson and Ambrose at CH with Dow and Comrie as wingbacks. Edwards would sometimes break forward similar to what Tierney does with Scotland but his final ball was shambolic at best.

If that's the case, they then tuck in and become full backs when we don't have the ball, essentially giving us a back 5. Either way, we were still all over the shop.

13 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

at the game it Looked to me like we played a back 3.

Edwards Donaldson and Ambrose at CH with Dow and Comrie as wingbacks. Edwards would sometimes break forward similar to what Tierney does with Scotland but his final ball was shambolic at best.

It was hard to get a grip with what our shape was due to watching on a stream but I thought we started off as a 4231, with Pybus and Chalmers deep. 

I've not been Pybus biggest fan but I genuinely thought he was our best player, he was the one who was coming to receive the ball and try and get things moving, I thought that would be Chalmers but he was an empty shirt. 

Arbroath have got 12 points from us this season, a shocking stat for us.

Hopefully Dick Campbell will start to get the respect he deserves in Scottish football. He gets the best out of his players and they fight for him. We have signed players with good a good CV but have done absolutely nothing for us and should be retired.

I have never seen so many changes of players/staff in a season. The club is in a complete mess and things will only get worse when we go down.

I've just watched the goal and it comes about as Ambrose goes following the ball instead of matching Jack Hamilton's run.

I don't think you can really blame anyone else? They were all in decent enough positions.

The cross from Hamilton could not have been placed better for Gold - just out of reach of both Chalmers and Dow and 9 times out of 10, that would have been cleared.

Bit of a different take on it. I actually thought we played fairly well (the goal aside). That performance was light years in front of the 4-2 game in so much as we competed in midfield and on another day may have scored 3 or 4. Time is the problem for us and an upturn in the form of the teams at the bottom. We have yet to have our "good run", will have to be sooner rather than later. Really did not get the anger directed towards the players at the end, there was no lack of effort. Edwards had a really poor game but was trying hard, would rather see Martin out left to be honest.

Interesting to watch Arbroath and their footballing philosophy, when not in possession they pressed/defended with 3 or 4 guys on one effectively strangling the game. also choosing route one stuff more often than not Not attractive football but clearly effective, fair play to them.