Hamilton v Pars

Superally

No point in looking over our shoulder now – we are bottom of the league and literally have it all to do. At least on Saturday we looked like scoring goals and possibly could have taken the 3pts at Arbroath. However we have led by 2 at Gayfield before and been humped so there is no point in focusing on the “what if's”. This Saturday we head to Hamilton who sit in that ideal spot of 8th place, 7 points ahead of the Pars. Hamilton’s form is marginally better than ours with 6pts form their last 5 games with a win, three draws and a loss. Over the same period the Pars have collected 5pts with a win and 2 draws and 2 losses. Games this season against the Achies have been tight affairs with a win, draw and a loss scoring a single goal and losing by one. Our last outing was a 1-0 home win with Ryan Dow converting but the Pars now need to convert the chances given to them. We really can’t afford another defeat as Hamilton have to be one of the teams we need to catch. Yogi simply has to be more offensive, there is no chance we can draw ourselves out of this mess. Away win for the Pars - hopefully. COYP

Often in games we have posession but we simply cannot get forward quick enough. We give the opposition time to organise themselves too easily. We're also badly missing creativity 2nd half of the pitch. Plus there's our formation as mentioned, and this 1 up front patter. We're running out of opportunities, we simply need to win against Hamilton. Hughes needs to do something inspiring, is he capable of that? 

Currently on his worst run in his managerial career.

Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record
P W D L Win %
Falkirk 31 January 2003 31 May 2009 283 117 61 105 41.3
Hibernian 8 June 2009 4 October 2010 54 19 12 23 35.2
Livingston 14 February 2012 13 November 2012 27 12 5 10 44.4
Hartlepool United 13 November 2012 9 May 2013 29 8 9 12 27.6
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 December 2013 20 May 2016 121 50 30 41 41.3
Raith Rovers 10 February 2017 13 May 2017 15 4 4 7 26.7
Ross County 21 December 2020 24 May 2021 21 8 2 11 38.1
Dunfermline Athletic 15 November 2021 Present 14 3 5 6 21.4
Total 563 220 128 215 39.1

A bit better than Grant but not by very much, same win record currently with 4 games less, but the fans were already calling for his head at this point! 2 losses and 2 draws in the next 4 games and the record will be exactly the same.

As of match played 30 October 2021
Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
Norwich City 16 October 2006 9 October 2007 54 18 12 24 33.3
Alloa Athletic 10 July 2019 30 April 2021 70 20 18 32 28.6
Dunfermline Athletic 28 May 2021 31 October 2021 18 3 7 8 16.7
Career total 142 41 37 64 28.9

We really need 4 wins in our next 4 games!

Ironically both Peter Grant and Yogi's last clubs they managed in the Championship[ have both been relegated, nothing like employing managers with a proven track record in this league!

Edited by Rengade Master

Unsure how yogi can take the blame here, the squad is saddled with absolute garbage that Grant signed. He has had to rebuild in January which is a difficult window in normal circumstances. Always the managers fault though, maybe these players should look at themselves as the performances have been embarrassing. Or even better, I’d lay the blame for this mess directly at the boardroom door, it’s their fault we are in this mess

10 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Unsure how yogi can take the blame here, the squad is saddled with absolute garbage that Grant signed. He has had to rebuild in January which is a difficult window in normal circumstances. Always the managers fault though, maybe these players should look at themselves as the performances have been embarrassing. Or even better, I’d lay the blame for this mess directly at the boardroom door, it’s their fault we are in this mess

Now Now KP you know we are not allowed to criticise the board!

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Or even better, I’d lay the blame for this mess directly at the boardroom door, it’s their fault we are in this mess

The BOD have to take the blame for the direction the club is going in and this has been a few years of bad decision making which has led to the position we find ourselves in. 

The decision to give AJ a two year deal almost put the club back into administration and had to be bailed out.

The Peter Grant appointment has put the club backwards and we will be suffering for a long time. 

BOD share in the blame. They're ultimately responsible for decisions made. However, Grant apart I'm not being too critical. I get why Hughes was appointed and I hope he keeps us up, just not sure he can now. We can beat anyone on our day (Arbroath apart) given I've seen us compete comptently in games but can't find the net. Beating Hamilton is a 100% necessity now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

BOD share in the blame. They're ultimately responsible for decisions made. However, Grant apart I'm not being too critical. I get why Hughes was appointed and I hope he keeps us up, just not sure he can now. We can beat anyone on our day (Arbroath apart) given I've seen us compete comptently in games but can't find the net. Beating Hamilton is a 100% necessity now. 

Once again, I would love to know the thinking and more importantly who applied for the position before being able to understand why Yogi was the best candidate.

We will never know I suppose but I said at the time I wasn't enthused with the appointment. Hopefully he can pull of a great escape and turn it all around and go on to become a Par hero. At the moment he appears to be the special Falkirk agent to Fife. 😱