Hamilton v Pars

Superally

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Unsure how yogi can take the blame here

He's the one picking the team, and either leaving out some of our better players (Thomas, O'Hara, Martin) in favour of inferior alternatives, or letting them leave (Wighton, Gasputis, possibly OFW depending on circumstances). 

He's also the one persisting with an ineffective and insufficient-for-our-current-situation 4-5-1 shape.

Grant obviously gets a lot of the blame. The BoD too. But Hughes is not doing the job right now, and is not immune from criticism of performances and results.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

He's the one picking the team, and either leaving out some of our better players (Thomas, O'Hara, Martin) in favour of inferior alternatives, or letting them leave (Wighton, Gasputis, possibly OFW depending on circumstances). 

He's also the one persisting with an ineffective and insufficient-for-our-current-situation 4-5-1 shape.

Grant obviously gets a lot of the blame. The BoD too. But Hughes is not doing the job right now, and is not immune from criticism of performances and results.

Agreed with the team selection side of it, starting McCann near enough every game was ridiculous imo and could come back to cost us. I just meant in terms of the squad it’s so poorly balanced because of what happened before he arrived. I still have faith he can keep us up, it’s not like we aren’t creating enough just need to stick them away 

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Agreed with the team selection side of it, starting McCann near enough every game was ridiculous imo and could come back to cost us. I just meant in terms of the squad it’s so poorly balanced because of what happened before he arrived. I still have faith he can keep us up, it’s not like we aren’t creating enough just need to stick them away 

Well, Wighton, O'Hara and Todorov have all scored goals at this level, mightve been a good idea to figure out a system that gets the best out of those players? As it is he's ostracised two of them and his 451 formation doesn't look like it'll work with O'Hara. 

Just look at the impact the managers have had of Ayr, Morton and QoTS, then look at us, and none of them have had the resources that Hughes had, the team on Saturday had two Grant signings, Dorrans who Hughes thinks is the best player at the club, and Pybus, who was our best player. There was five Hughes signings, it's his team to a decent degree. It was Hughes who decided Gaspuitis was to go and it was Hughes who brought in Ambrose who's been responsible for the losing goals against Killie and Arbroath. 

Trying to absolve Hughes of blame is bizarre. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Grant said:

Well, Wighton, O'Hara and Todorov have all scored goals at this level, mightve been a good idea to figure out a system that gets the best out of those players? As it is he's ostracised two of them and his 451 formation doesn't look like it'll work with O'Hara. 

Just look at the impact the managers have had of Ayr, Morton and QoTS, then look at us, and none of them have had the resources that Hughes had, the team on Saturday had two Grant signings, Dorrans who Hughes thinks is the best player at the club, and Pybus, who was our best player. There was five Hughes signings, it's his team to a decent degree. It was Hughes who decided Gaspuitis was to go and it was Hughes who brought in Ambrose who's been responsible for the losing goals against Killie and Arbroath. 

I don't think he is being absolved of blame, the club were an utter shambles at the the time he came in. Gaspuitis wasn't playing under the previous 2 managers either. The situation is we have no winners  and only losers.  The January windows always awful to get decent players, our league position didn't help that. the other clubs have kicked on with our results against them being awful. With the exception of maybe a coupe of fans calling for Bullen no-one else put the others forward and would no way have expected Morton and QOTS to be picking up the points they have the past few weeks. 

Hughes isn't helping himself with the team selection and having McCann on his own, i'd have hoped last week after bringing in a midfielder that would have changed but nothing we can do about Saturday. We should have won hit the woodwork three times and the other results went against us. 

58 minutes ago, Grant said:

From the start he was saying the midfield wasn’t good enough to play 4-4-2, and he was right. Anytime we played that we got overrun countless times. However, now he’s signed his own midfielders we should be good enough now to go 2 up front and no excuses. Todorov is absolutely hopeless, look at some of the chances he’s missed too just don’t think he’s good enough. Fair enough Wighton and Ohara I’d have played them in a front 2 now if it was possible, as they 2 got us goals playing that way last season. Not saying yogi isn’t blameless at all but if he’s got players in the Squad he doesn’t want then what can we do? 

17 minutes ago, Al k said:

We should have won hit the woodwork three times and the other results went against us. 

While we were unlucky to lose to a degree, I don't see how we deserved to win, Arbroath had a good few chances of there own in the second half, and defended far better than us. 

13 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

From the start he was saying the midfield wasn’t good enough to play 4-4-2, and he was right. 

He then gave extended contract to Allan and Todd. 

17 hours ago, Grant said:

While we were unlucky to lose to a degree, I don't see how we deserved to win, Arbroath had a good few chances of there own in the second half, and defended far better than us. 

He then gave extended contract to Allan and Todd. 

We should have been out of sight in the first half, goal line clearance before the scored and hit the woodwork twice. That's why i feel we should have won the game. 

Back on topic. We're fast running out of games, so if we're going to avoid the drop, we really have to carve out some wins. Tomorrow is massive. I hope we approach the game in the same positive manner we did at Palmerston last month. Even a win still leaves us with a lot to do, but it would be a start. Draws are no use if we are to secure our status. 

I would take 9th right now if it was offered and take our chance in the play offs. Quite frankly, if we can't see off the likes of Airdrie, Montrose or Falkirk in two legged ties, with home advantage in the return, we deserve to be relegated.

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Back on topic. We're fast running out of games, so if we're going to avoid the drop, we really have to carve out some wins. Tomorrow is massive. I hope we approach the game in the same positive manner we did at Palmerston last month. Even a win still leaves us with a lot to do, but it would be a start. Draws are no use if we are to secure our status. 

I would take 9th right now if it was offered and take our chance in the play offs. Quite frankly, if we can't see off the likes of Airdrie, Montrose or Falkirk in two legged ties, with home advantage in the return, we deserve to be relegated.

Defeat tomorrow will definitely mean the Play Offs,  or worse. Ayr and Morton should win at least 2 more games this season imo. At least if we do get beat, I'd like to see us have a go. Nae more hard luck pish.

Edited by scottyboy
Ayr v Killie tonight. If Ayr win they will be 11 clear

Game day and I think this is a crunch match for the Pars. With the improvements made by the other bottom 5 clubs we really need to win this one to pull ourselves back into the race to avoid the bottom 2. The squad is good enough to beat Hamilton but they need to get the ball in the net. That has been Yogi’s biggest failing so far.