Hamilton v Pars

Superally

Well that, was absolutely dreadful.  

the ponderous passing, the terribly timed subs, and finally, the dooming damning equaliser.

You will struggle to see a worse Hamilton team, matched by one of the worst Dunfermline sides I have ever seen.  Hughes, board, Grant - all culpable for this ignominious descent.

I question the mental strength of this team. Generally you hear about how important it is to get the first goal in this league, but it's not the case playing us.

Just no confidence when we go in front.

That was a very good chance to get back into the pack and we have blown it.  Soft goals conceded again, sitting deep. Inactive management leaving subs too late. 

Think play-off will be the most realistic way of staying up now.

Hughes has been given a budget to bring in a lot of players and has won three games( He didn't win at ICT). His record is better than Grant, but it would be hard not to be. Hughes has not had the effect I hoped unfortunately. 

Not convinced by our goalie. Doesn’t look comfortable coming off his line and flaps when he does. OFW got pelters for less. Agree that 8th is done now, we are so poor trying to hold on and the timing of the subs were ridiculous, then taking pybus off was a terrible decision. 

• Upvote 1

I just think JH is being to safe playing this 4-5-1 and we’re running out of time.

We have a decent team so play attacking minded football. I would play Todrov up front and play long getting the ball in the opponents half as much as possible and attack from there.

Hughes is starting to do my head in with all his having a laugh etc in interviews…. We are in the **** so get that team going! 

14 hours ago, Secure Par said:

I just think JH is being to safe playing this 4-5-1 and we’re running out of time.

We have a decent team so play attacking minded football. I would play Todrov up front and play long getting the ball in the opponents half as much as possible and attack from there.

Hughes is starting to do my head in with all his having a laugh etc in interviews…. We are in the **** so get that team going! 

I doubt we will see Todorov play for us again,Yogi doesnt rate him for some weird reason when hes better than McCann.

• Upvote 1

Watched the goals, and how that first one for Hamilton stood is unbelievable. Absolutely disgraceful and could cost us. Thought we were in control of the game at that point. 2nd goal is terrible from us, free header with chalmers losing his man then going through comrie’s legs on the line. 

52 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Watched the goals, and how that first one for Hamilton stood is unbelievable. Absolutely disgraceful and could cost us. Thought we were in control of the game at that point. 2nd goal is terrible from us, free header with chalmers losing his man then going through comrie’s legs on the line. 

If they hadn't scored then they would have regardless. Whenever we go ahead we absolutely **** the bed. 

Chalmers is absolutely stinking, an even poorer version of Dorrans. Why on earth Yogi thought he'd be the type of signing we needed is known only to him. 

I'm honestly just looking forward to this season being over, its a depressing thought that I have absolutely no faith or confidence in those running the club to make a competent appointment once Yogi goes? It doesn't matter about your plans for youth academy's or training grounds, if you can't pick a manager it'll all fall to bits. 

On 13/03/2022 at 11:38, kelty_par said:

I thought Comrie was a bit unlucky with that one, he very nearly blocked it. Poor marking for sure though.

And agreed on Hamilton's 1st. Incredible that that was allowed to stand.

Watching the highlights there, it looked like we made plenty of opportunities, but we just don't have the killer touch.

Some goal from Donaldson though. Maybe we should play him up front!