Bobby Kamwa

Piracy

I’m rapidly losing patience with Hughes and his media gob.  See this stuff, shouldn’t be anywhere near the papers.  Keep it in house.  Same with his idiotic comments about deja vu re the keeper situation and what happened with Rovers. He talks about avoiding negativity then brings this nonsense to the public domain to talk about bad luck!?  Isn’t that just another form of negativity, which will exacerbate the situation?

Heres a thought John, shut up talking nonsense to the press,and focus more on ensuring no “deja vu” re relegation of a fife club from the Championship eh?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I’m rapidly losing patience with Hughes and his media gob.

This is who we appointed though, unfortunately, which is one of the reasons I've always been sceptical.

After he takes us down he'll maybe hang around for another year or so, before he's off, only to re-emerge somewhere else with his talk-a-good-talk, media-friendly personality and do it all over again.

"That is starting to get a little bit frustrating"

Aye, you're not wrong, John, you're not wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

This is who we appointed though, unfortunately, which is one of the reasons I've always been sceptical.

After he takes us down he'll maybe hang around for another year or so, before he's off, only to re-emerge somewhere else with his talk-a-good-talk, media-friendly personality and do it all over again.

If he gets us relegated, then his stock goes down with it. He really needs to have success with us, if he wants to climb that ladder again. Unfortunately we can't put all the blame at Yogis door, as it was the board that made the wrong call in the summer. Get these players fired up this Saturday, or it's the Play Offs, or worse.

Edited by scottyboy
Let's not draw our way to relegation

Yes Hughes better pull his socks up. One of the first lessons you need to learn in management is that you are not paid to be popular. Hughes sadly has not learned that  and increasingly he is coming across as a gormless idiot. It doesn’t take long for players to pick up on that and before he knows it, he will have lost the dressing room.

I've read the articles Piracy linked and I didn't find anything to get too het up about. Maybe the frustration of other posters is more to do with our league position? Football managers know that the press need "news" to fill their newspapers, so they keep journalists sweet by giving them interviews. It saves them from too much criticism when results and performances are poor.

Still and all, I agree we all want to see our team doing their talking on the pitch and it's Yogi's job to ensure they do that in the remaining games. 

I see Yogi’s 2 most recent media interviews quite differently. In the case of Bobby Kamwa it’s really no one’s fault that he’s injured and the scanner wasn’t working. Yogi is seeing the funny side - what would he gain by raving about it? The goalie position is different. We don’t know the reason Fon Williams was released but it was done in the knowledge Mehmet was hurt and Yogi choose Alexander as the replacement. This is different to the Rovers scenario where they had 3 injured goalies. He is responsible for this position and should not make light of it in my view.

We’ve appointed a media friendly manager and that will mean taking the rough with the smooth.

They knew Jakub was likely to be called up for Poland. Hughes had been talking to OFW for weeks about him leaving (according to Hughes) so hardly a shock.He could have addressed this at the end of the window. He would also be aware that Mehmet was injured. That’s before you even get into how bad Mehmet was/is.

For me it’s the ongoing narrative that is running.  Hughes got Raith relegated in a shambolic set of circumstances including playing an outfielder in goal, and getting wide media attention for saying a kit man was going to have to go back on the railways if they went down.

For me, I’d have hoped he’d learned his lessons.  We are bottom of the league, not scoring goals and looking pretty doomed.  For the manager then to be raising two stories, one about a similar goalkeeper situation here to the one that damned him at Raith, and then this one about Kamwa.  My ire at that particular story is the “oh we’re just so unlucky” which is my fear that it’s giving the players an out.  They’re just “unlucky”.  He’s just “unlucky”.  It can create a vicious cycle of negative behaviours and just makes the whole surrounding feel about the club downtrodden and negative.  He also hasn’t learned from Livingston when he was there playing passive side to side football without penetration.  The Championship simply isn’t the division to be playing that style.

and of course results have a bearing on the feel about the team, ultimately though, no wins, no points, relegation looms.

Hamilton is a Must win.  If I was on the board i would be considering very carefully my options should Hughes fail to get a win there.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

For me it’s the ongoing narrative that is running.  Hughes got Raith relegated in a shambolic set of circumstances including playing an outfielder in goal, and getting wide media attention for saying a kit man was going to have to go back on the railways if they went down.

For me, I’d have hoped he’d learned his lessons.  We are bottom of the league, not scoring goals and looking pretty doomed.  For the manager then to be raising two stories, one about a similar goalkeeper situation here to the one that damned him at Raith, and then this one about Kamwa.  My ire at that particular story is the “oh we’re just so unlucky” which is my fear that it’s giving the players an out.  They’re just “unlucky”.  He’s just “unlucky”.  It can create a vicious cycle of negative behaviours and just makes the whole surrounding feel about the club downtrodden and negative.  He also hasn’t learned from Livingston when he was there playing passive side to side football without penetration.  The Championship simply isn’t the division to be playing that style.

and of course results have a bearing on the feel about the team, ultimately though, no wins, no points, relegation looms.

Hamilton is a Must win.  If I was on the board i would be considering very carefully my options should Hughes fail to get a win there.  

Sums things up perfectly!