Pars v Morton

Superally

The Pars play Morton at EEP on Friday and if you have a spare £5 - that will take you in to the game, if not don’t worry it’s on the Telly. Morton have not been the easiest team for us this season with a draw and two spankings especially our last outing where we conceded 5 with no reply. I don’t think Morton were that good on the day but our efforts were worse than shambolic. Unfortunately, current form doesn’t make good reading either with Morton taking 7pts from their last 5 games Including 2 wins and the Pars just managing 3pts from three draws. It’s difficult to be optimistic in our current position that even when we score and get ahead we lack the nous and game management to hold on to take the three points. Just like previous weeks a single point isn’t good enough for the Pars, we need to take the three and Morton will know that an away win will in likelihood mean safety for them. The Pars will take confidence that finally we can score goals however Gary Oliver will still probably score against us! Everything suggests a Morton win but the heart leads the head on this one with home advantage 2-1 Pars

Ideally I'd like Chalmers to be jettisoned into the sun, Dunfermline to start playing with some vigour and pace and to win. 

As it is we'll cram as many Yogi signings in as we can, Mortons physicality will make Ambrose look silly and we'll be wondering if there's a 6'4 Eastern European who maybe could've done better. Morton - 1 on the face of it seems a good bet, for the way we play they are the worst team to come up against. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Ideally I'd like Chalmers to be jettisoned into the sun, Dunfermline to start playing with some vigour and pace and to win. 

As it is we'll cram as many Yogi signings in as we can, Mortons physicality will make Ambrose look silly and we'll be wondering if there's a 6'4 Eastern European who maybe could've done better. Morton - 1 on the face of it seems a good bet, for the way we play they are the worst team to come up against. 

That's a pretty downbeat assessment, Grant. You might be bang on the money, of course, but I'm hoping that the players will still be hurting after that debacle at Cappielow and will be determined to avenge it. It's last chance saloon to have even a small chance of finishing higher than 9th. Hughes must tell his players to play on the front foot from the off and if we lose, we lose. A draw isn't much better than a defeat. 

Morton have done well since changing their manager but they did lose 3-0 to QOS, so they're not unbeatable. 

I'll go 2-0 Pars.

I think it’s a measure of the situation that you look at the seats sold so far for Friday evening.  It’s awfully sparse because there is so little engagement with the club and the team right now.  We’ve been so poorly run on the football side with acceptance of underperformance over the last few seasons, with baffling managerial decisions both appointments and from the incumbents…but it’s still a surprise the level of apathy about our club right now outside our core.

Mark my words, Kelty’s rise will have a significant impact on our progress over the next few years unless we get a grip rapid.

I hope I’m wrong but this now feels like an irrecoverable situation for this season.   If I was a betting man, I’d have every penny on relegation for the Pars.  

32 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I think it’s a measure of the situation that you look at the seats sold so far for Friday evening.  It’s awfully sparse because there is so little engagement with the club and the team right now.  We’ve been so poorly run on the football side with acceptance of underperformance over the last few seasons, with baffling managerial decisions both appointments and from the incumbents…but it’s still a surprise the level of apathy about our club right now outside our core.

Mark my words, Kelty’s rise will have a significant impact on our progress over the next few years unless we get a grip rapid.

I hope I’m wrong but this now feels like an irrecoverable situation for this season.   If I was a betting man, I’d have every penny on relegation for the Pars.  

I take it you can walk up and pay? Or is it teekat only?

15 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I take it you can walk up and pay? Or is it teekat only?

Not sure about teekat payment but it’s just on the website at the moment.  😉 You’d like to think there will be a pay at the ticket office on the day affair to encourage walk up sales, but I don’t know for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Not sure about teekat payment but it’s just on the website at the moment.  😉 You’d like to think there will be a pay at the ticket office on the day affair to encourage walk up sales, but I don’t know for sure.

Pay at the ticket kiosk for every game im sure , be easier for folk to pay on the day and maybe people decide last minute to go

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

That's a pretty downbeat assessment, Grant. You might be bang on the money, of course, but I'm hoping that the players will still be hurting after that debacle at Cappielow and will be determined to avenge it. It's last chance saloon to have even a small chance of finishing higher than 9th. Hughes must tell his players to play on the front foot from the off and if we lose, we lose. A draw isn't much better than a defeat. 

Morton have done well since changing their manager but they did lose 3-0 to QOS, so they're not unbeatable. 

I'll go 2-0 Pars.

I've been hoping the players have been hurting for a while and wanting to show what they're capable off, you'd think Hughes at some point would want us to win under him but it's 3 times in 14,15 games? It's not bad luck, we're not turning a corner, it's utterly grim. 

I don't think Morton are uneabtable, the drama is how beatable we are. 

I agree with Grant in that Morton are perhaps not the best team we could be playing just now? What they have done under Imrie is scrap, scratch and fight for every point. These are qualities that often are required to stave off relegation. We don't have that in abundance.

6 hours ago, Raymie said:

I agree with Grant in that Morton are perhaps not the best team we could be playing just now? What they have done under Imrie is scrap, scratch and fight for every point. These are qualities that often are required to stave off relegation. We don't have that in abundance.

Correct Raymie. I'd have thought that Yogi Hughes would have at least had us doing similar given his own playing style. Don't understand it being honest. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Superally said:

I wonder how many Morton players are contacted for the following season and therefor creating that fight mentality. Sadly I think we have too many loans that will be off at the end of the season

And we have players on 2 year contracts who aren't good enough either