Pars v Morton

Superally

Coll Donaldson is the only Yogi signing that appears to have a bit of grit about them.

Ambrose swans about the pitch like he's playing 5s with his mates. Chalmers looks terrified to go near anybody. The team over pass the ball at a slow pace. Everything about us is just not suited to fighting your way out of relegation battle. It's really no surprise we have sunk to the bottom of the league and Yogi has only won 3 games since arriving in November.

I expected a lot more aggression being brought into the team when he arrived as he said we were soft.  It seems to be that Yogi says one thing but his actions do the opposite.

He's nothing to  lose by shaking it up a bit, apart from the result maybe.  Surely that's no the best we getting out the team or formation. Maybe it's time for him to fling some crockery aff the wall, or tip the tea urn over. Just get a reaction please and defeat Morton. 

Our tea is nearly oot.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Correct Raymie. I'd have thought that Yogi Hughes would have at least had us doing similar given his own playing style. Don't understand it being honest. 

Not to sound harsh mate, but for as long as I can remember Yogis teams haven't played like that, this is genuinely exactly how I invisioned us playing, well style wise anyway. It turns out I massively overrated our players. 

This is a must win game in terms of the player confidence and fans backing.

Hughes imo has been a massive disappointment in terms of team selection/formation plus he has contradicted himself in interviews.

We need to play a 4-4-2 formation and Todrov/Dom have to start. Todrov was a good striker that scored goals at this level but Yogi doesn’t put him in the squad. Imo not one of those players… maybe Pybus….has any desire or determination to merit pulling on the pars top and walk onto that pitch.
I will be watching the game on tv as even a fiver is to much at the moment to watch that team.

Supporting the club for the past 33 years and it really has come to the point where I’m not interested in anything that goes on and just look on Soccer Saturday for the score!🤷🏻‍♂️

14 hours ago, Secure Par said:

We need to play a 4-4-2 formation and Todrov/Dom have to start. Todrov was a good striker that scored goals at this level but Yogi doesn’t put him in the squad. 

Agree we need to play two up, and Dom has to start but Todorov is absolutely honking. He had several chances at the start of the season and stunk the place out, his second touch is a tackle. I'd rather have McCann and O'Hara, two pests for very different reasons, with McCann proven to be able to assist if he's a bit light on goals (not his fault I may add - chasing down and getting into goalscoring positions with no support is very difficult), and O'Hara a proven goalscorer for us and a worker. Todorov wears out a 4 metre square of grass when he's on the park. I'd genuinely pay his taxi fare anywhere he wants to go.

A 442 sounds great but who are you playing in the middle? Pybus has been our best centre mid recently, and would suit a 442 tbf, from the limited amount I've seen of Polworth he doesn't seem suited to that and Dorrans certainly isn't, the less said about Chalmers the better. 

If Yogi was to play a 442 he'd be far more likely to play Dow and Lawless aswell. 

It'll be a 4231, the back five will be the same, the midfield will be the same with maybe Dorrans coming in for Pybus if he's fit, and it's then between O'Hara and McCann upfront.

Edited by Grant

6 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Can only see a Morton win on Friday, they have been in good form since Dougie Imrie came in and have had good results under him. 

Think we will start to get isolated even more from 8th place and it will be League One football for us next season.

Stop it! Things are depressing enough, with that awful footage of the war in Ukraine without you adding your tuppence worth, RP. 🙁

I hope it doesn't come to Alexander having to play in goal, but if he does, I don't think he'll be the disaster some posters are predicting.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Stop it! Things are depressing enough, with that awful footage of the war in Ukraine without you adding your tuppence worth, RP. 🙁

I hope it doesn't come to Alexander having to play in goal, but if he does, I don't think he'll be the disaster some posters are predicting.

I thought Stolarczyk was available Friday and is then on international duty... 

I would rather have Alexander in goal than the hopeless Mehmet. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

I thought Stolarczyk was available Friday and is then on international duty... 

I would rather have Alexander in goal than the hopeless Mehmet. 

You're correct, DP - Jakub can play on Friday. Apologies for confusing you. I was referring to next week's games but didn't make that clear.

16 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Think we will start to get isolated even more from 8th place and it will be League One football for us next season.

8th disappeared last Saturday. Morton, Ayr and Hamilton only need 2 wins out of the 8 remaining, which they'll get, unless a complete disaster happens. We need to win at least 5, if they collapse. 9th is probably achievable. 

2 hours ago, Number Eleven said:

Game day and it’s a vital one. Fail to win tonight and realistic hopes of avoiding the bottom 2 are gone, if they aren’t already. A win could revive our failing hopes. 
Yogi seems sure to double down on his plan A, will it finally come to fruition against a Morton side reinvigorated by Dougie Imrie?

No.