Pars v Morton

Superally

No bad game fir a fiver. Plenty possession, some good,some slack passing. We were worthy of a draw and probably should have nicked it at the death, when it come back aff the post. Cannae fault the effort, but most of our chances were from outside the box ,when they went wide. Goalie made a cracking save fae Thomas, that the linesman gave a goal kick. Keeps the pressure on QOS for  their game.

• Upvote 2

Certainly wasn’t a lack of effort from the players tonight. Thought we should’ve won that based on 2nd half, and what a howler from the keeper. Absolutely terrible to be conceding a goal like that. We must go McCann and Ohara for the games we have left, we actually looked like scoring when McCann came on

I thought he should have had Todd off for McCann long before.  In fact, probably when Gozie went off and left just Reilly up?

Plenty of possession but we don’t make enough chances relative to that. Part of the problem is our final ball is not great and that other part is we don’t have a poacher who stays between the posts. Both McCann and O’Hara do most of the work outside the box 

9th place should be the target now 

• Upvote 3

Another must win, another draw… we’re making things harder for ourselves every week.

As much as a late equaliser feels better, truth is we’ve fallen short again.

Positive the players kept on going, negatives being our defending at the goal, the mistake from the keeper is forgivable for me, but the complete lack of desire from Ambrose isn’t, not for the first time for him, just like he didn’t try desperately to stop the cross last week he was quite happy to let a shot past him, pathetic defending, he’s a massive step backwards from vystas who we let go and Martin who we dropped for him.

Really don’t see why we’ve got him,  if he was half the player he thinks he is then maybe, but he’s nowhere near that.

Going forward we put good passages of play regularly, but we simply must get more bodies in the box, we see the ball played wide often but never see any of our midfielders run into the box, baffling.  I can only think of Dorrans at queens scoring from a cross, we should be having someone looking to get 10+ a season from those runs yet nobody makes them.

One up top with nobody supporting the attack most of the game. Lots of passing which looks decent but covers up how ineffective we are.

We then go two up top, a bit more direct and unsursrisingly score. Then hit the post. What does it take for Yogi to grow some nuts for 90 mins.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

but the complete lack of desire from Ambrose isn’t, not for the first time for him, just like he didn’t try desperately to stop the cross last week he was quite happy to let a shot past him,

Yeah, plays like he's having a kick about with his mates. Clearly a good footballer but no desire. I would have Lewis Martin back in the defence.

• Upvote 1

Realistically the target now is 9th. Finish the season with as many points as we can gather. Then throw the lot at the playoffs. Let every one in for £5. The atmosphere was superb tonight and it may be just enough to see us through.

Total rebuild in the summer if we somehow survive.

• Upvote 2

I saw a team who worked very hard throughout the game against big, physical opponents, who defended really well. It is to their credit that they kept going after going behind to such a poor goal, which gave Morton a lead to defend. The equaliser may have come late, but was thoroughly deserved and with a little luck, we might have won it.

There`s a noticeable lack of confidence when it comes to having a shot at goal - few players want to take responsibility and when they do, it`s often a tame sidefooted effort. That`s what happens when you`re at the bottom.

We`re not dead yet, though. 8th is gone but give me the play off spot now and I`ll back us to come through it. Better than 10th at any rate.

• Upvote 1