Pars v Morton

Superally

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

We`re not dead yet, though. 8th is gone but give me the play off spot now and I`ll back us to come through it. Better than 10th at any rate.

I wish I was as confident as you GG,I don't fancy our chances much in the play offs. I think we would beat Queens Park but not so sure against Airdrie or Montrose who will be full of confidence, score goals and are well organised.

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I wish I was as confident as you GG,I don't fancy our chances much in the play offs. I think we would beat Queens Park but not so sure against Airdrie or Montrose who will be full of confidence, score goals and are well organised.

We could draw our way to safety. Need to practice penalties though.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It's more optimism than confidence, RP. The play offs are weighted in the highest ranking team's favour. It's scheduled to play the 2nd leg of both the semi and final at home, which is what managers prefer, even though the stats don't suggest that it's a huge advantage.

14 hours ago, GG Riva said:

It's more optimism than confidence, RP. The play offs are weighted in the highest ranking team's favour. It's scheduled to play the 2nd leg of both the semi and final at home, which is what managers prefer, even though the stats don't suggest that it's a huge advantage.

We have a poor record in the play offs GG

I'm not sure what relevance past play-off form has? The most important factor for me would be very recent good form and the availability of all our better players.

I wouldn't be overly worried about taking on teams from a lower division over two legs, if that was the case. 

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, rosythpar said:

We have a poor record in the play offs GG

We do, but why should that count against us if we finish 9th? The most recent (promotion) play offs have seen us line up against teams who finished higher up the table than we did. I think the only time we've lost a relegation play off was to Alloa after we went into administration. Do we have any players left from then?

Poor historical records in H2H games have some relevance. e.g. we have a poor record at Ibrox for a reason, so we can expect to lose there over 90% of the time, but you can't apply the same logic to play offs, imo.