Pars v Jags

Superally

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That was a long second half  we struggled to retain the ball and were on the back foot, if they had scored it would have been very difficult.  Great performances from Thomas ,O'Hara and Chalmers but I thought Polworth and Lawless did very little, 

Did Thistle even create a single decent chance in the second half? I’d imagine Yogi would’ve been relatively content with a scrappy second half and take the odd opportunity if it presented itself. 

• Upvote 1

It was a must win and the team delivered so fair play to them. What was more impressive for me was how we reacted to going 1-0 down, the way we’ve been playing and the results, probably easy to let doubt creep in and accept it’s going to be one of those nights again but they didn’t.

I still think we can be better if I’m being honest and I think we need to do that in order to secure 8th.

I actually thought Edwards started very poorly and defensively we were a bit uncertain. Efe too casual on the ball most times and got turned easily by one of the Partick boys which thankfully didn’t amount to much. Tiffony was having a bit too much success down the wing at times.

Didnt think Lawless was on top of his game, O’Hara doing a lot of running not amounting to much.

We’re still a little pedestrian at times on the ball.

Second half if we weren’t against a team in such poor form who were down a few men, it might’ve been a bit tighter.

Special mention to Todd though, thought he had a right good game, tasty ball in for the OG and a decent header for his goal, some of his crosses at times were a bit wayward but think he was just getting a bit carried away and lost a bit of composure.

Special mention to Thomas as well, you have to play your best players if they’re fit and he should be on team sheet every week.

It was just nice to see us win a game of football, a lot still to work on but what a confidence booster this will be and hopefully it spurs us on.

Brilliant result and well deserved and for once we seemed to managed the game out in the 2nd. I thought Yogi could have played the subs slightly earlier. Todd, Chalmers and Donaldson did very well but O'Hara did an immense power of work and chased everything. 3pts in the bag and off the bottom is a just result but equaling the GD of Ayr and QoS is worth an additional point in its self. A wee shout out to Mehmet who did well but was hopelessly exposed for the Jags goal.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant performance tonight, everyone played their part tonight and was fully deserved win. Even though he didn’t have much to do, was good to see mehmet have a good game and will do his confidence wonders. Formation worked well tonight and we finally got crosses into the box and created good chances tonight. Hope we can take this into Saturday for another huge game 

• Upvote 1

I thought we were pretty comfortable in the second half and managed the game well. When we won the ball, we got forward at pace and the killer goal came from a direct counter attack. 
Only period when we were looking nervous was 15 mins before half time when Mehmet pulled off two big saves and then the ricochet off Donaldson that went wide. 

two full backs scoring and attacking at every opportunity. Wingers prepared to support and get balls in. 

Hopefully we will hear no more about playing one up front ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

I thought we were pretty comfortable in the second half and managed the game well. When we won the ball, we got forward at pace and the killer goal came from a direct counter attack. 
Only period when we were looking nervous was 15 mins before half time when Mehmet pulled off two big saves and then the ricochet off Donaldson that went wide. 

two full backs scoring and attacking at every opportunity. Wingers prepared to support and get balls in. 

Hopefully we will hear no more about playing one up front ?

One up front isn’t a negative tactic as long as midfield and full backs support the striker like we did tonight. Ohara work rate is superb and helps us press from the front as a team

I thought the second half was spot on from us, Partick had grown into the game towards the end of the first half, we turned it a bit scrappy, took the edge out the game and I don't think they had a single chance, we then scored a counter. That's exactly what we wanted. 

21 minutes ago, Grant said:

I thought the second half was spot on from us, Partick had grown into the game towards the end of the first half, we turned it a bit scrappy, took the edge out the game and I don't think they had a single chance, we then scored a counter. That's exactly what we wanted. 

Agree