ICT v Pars

Superally

A win and 3pts - what a difference and on the back of two decent games (albeit just taking a single point) sets the Pars up nicely as they head north to Inverness. The Pars now sit in 9th spot, 3pts off Ayr Utd and with the same goal difference Another Pars win could potentially see us reach the heady heights of 8th. but I need add a dampener, ICT have been finding some decent form themselves and came off a good win last Saturday overhauling Raith at the death winning 3-2 and beating Arbroath the week before. Yet games this season have favoured the Pars with two draws and a win and the last outing was a 1-1 draw with Lawless scoring from a spot in the 80th Minute. ICT are sitting in 3rd spot and will be wanting to challenge for that top 4 playoff place. The Pars are equally motivated but are in the wrong play off place! Unbeaten in 3 could we make it 4 a Pars win would be sensational. I think I’ll go for our 15th draw this season. 1-1 Pars.

I try not to get too despondent when we lose and not to get ahead of myself when we win a game.

The Partick game was a fine performance and great result. Against Morton, the result didn`t match our good performance. Ironically, going behind v Morton and Thistle was the a good thing - it meant we had to chase the game to try and get something from it. In previous games when we`ve gone ahead, lack of confidence has seen us sitting deeper and deeper` to try and protect our lead.

These last two games will have instilled some much needed confidence among the players. I`m certain they will now approach Saturday`s game believing they can win it, whereas previously they might have gone into it hoping to avoid defeat. It`s fine margins like these which establish good runs in football - that and the odd slice of luck, like the OG equaliser on Tuesday evening. I think we'll get something from this game. 3 pts would be brilliant, but my head says 1 pt is more likely.

If we stay up, I might vote for Lewis Mayo for POTY. 😉

We have been desperately unlucky recently, so Mayo OG is probably the break that we need and we haven't had many of those. The last three games have shown some improvement and we can take confidence with that. But its a game at a time for me. I'll be happy to take a single point (3 would be ideal) from what will be a difficult game. The games against Ayr and QoS the vital games where we need to take all 3pts. 

ICT will be a very different opponent to Partick as they’re on the back of 2 wins rather than 2 losses. We have done comparatively well against them and I thought the second half on Tuesday was valuable experience of how to close down a game and win.

Another win would be fantastic and restart the hope that we can avoid the bottom two.